Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    salesteam staff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 03:54 PM
    How does it work if I collected unemployment for 8 months and was 1099 for 4 months
    I have been on unemployment for 8 months and now I have a direct sales job and will be getting another 1099. How does the unemployment bureau know when I started the direct sales job and doesn't think that I was earning money while collecting unemployment?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 20, 2012, 04:37 PM
    If you get paid, even 1099 you are earning money, you have to report any income

The 1099 income is reported so they will know it, had a friend of mine owe large fines and had to repay all of the unemployment they got during the time they had earnings
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Aug 20, 2012, 06:01 PM
    They will NOT know, initially, but eventually they will figure it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does it work if you have unemployment and receive a 1099 [ 1 Answers ]

I was lad off in May 2009 and this year (2010) I helped a friend with some work. He gave me a 1099. Will I have to pay back any unemployment benefits and not receive any more?

Is temporary 1099 contract work allowed in PA while drawing unemployment if wages are [ 2 Answers ]

Is temporary 1099 contract work allowed in PA while drawing enemployment if wages are declared and no unemployment benefits are claimed on those weeks.

9 Months on OPT and 3 Months on H1B will I qualify to claim Making Work Pay Credit [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was on OPT till Oct 1 2009 then I changed to H1-B. I researched a bit and found out that I have to fill in 1040NREZ (Please correct me if I am wrong :)). I filled my Federal Tax using Cintax application. And then to cross verify I again filled it with H&R Block, free federal...

How do I resume unemployment benefits if I take a seasonal job for 3 months only? [ 5 Answers ]

I began drawing unemployment the middle of June 2009. I'm considering applying for a seasonal job lasting three months only. I know my initial claim will discontinue once beginning a new job. My question is, once I'm laid off from the new job, do I refile a claim and continue drawing from my...

7 months on F1; 2 months on OPT; 3 months on H1B - what tax form should I Use? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, 1. I am Indian Citizen 2. I am single 3. I was in school from July 2005 to May 2007. I graduated from school in May 2007. 4. I started working from August 13, 2007. a) First on, OPT until September 30, 2007 b) then on H1B visa from October 1, 2007 to December 31, 2007 (Still working)...

View more questions Search