Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allyd Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 02:38 PM
    Why does my Mum switch moods?
    I am caught up in a vicious cycle at the moment. My Mum on a daily basis switches from being all glad to see me when she gets home from work, to angry as soon as something is out of place or doesn't meet her needs. I wouldn't say she is always bad-tempered, as I don't like to think too negatively about her and would rather give her the benefit of the doubt, but in the main, she is. I don't do anything to set her off, I'm a nice person and incredibly patient with her, but I just want to break down and cry so hard that I'll have no tears left, in private of course, as I don't want to let her see me cry. I have this feeling she acts all nicey nicey to me just to get me to spend time with her, only to switch from calm and relaxed to a full-blown fit of rage and then kick me out. For example, I was about to watch a nice programme with her one night when she asked me to go to fetch something from her bedroom. When I got there, it was nowhere to be found and so when I went to tell her that I couldn't find it, she had a right go at me! All because I told her the truth! How can she behave that way and how can she go on like that? It doesn't help that I'm always told I'm horrible, selfish, and bla bla bla as well and that I have a Dad, who, despite his attempts to reason with her, doesn't succeed. My Mum just can't be told anything. Why did this have to happen to ME when I dreamed of a happier, more harmonious family life? However, I'm relieved to hear that my Dad will be separating from her pretty soon and taking me with him, so that'll make things better in the long term, but still, there are days where I wish we could have had a better family life ever since the day my Mum brought me into the world. By the way, I'm 18 and will be attending the university within my hometown soon, although I'll technically be still living with a parent rather than paying for accommodation.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2012, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by allyd View Post
    I am caught up in a vicious cycle at the moment. My Mum on a daily basis switches from being all glad to see me when she gets home from work, to angry as soon as something is out of place or doesn't meet her needs. I wouldn't say she is always bad-tempered, as I don't like to think too negatively about her and would rather give her the benefit of the doubt, but in the main, she is. I don't do anything to set her off, I'm a nice person and incredibly patient with her, but I just wanna break down and cry so hard that I'll have no tears left, in private of course, as I don't wanna let her see me cry. I have this feeling she acts all nicey nicey to me just to get me to spend time with her, only to switch from calm and relaxed to a full-blown fit of rage and then kick me out. For example, I was about to watch a nice programme with her one night when she asked me to go to fetch something from her bedroom. When I got there, it was nowhere to be found and so when I went to tell her that I couldn't find it, she had a right go at me!! All because I told her the truth!! How can she behave that way and how can she go on like that? It doesn't help that I'm always told I'm horrible, selfish, and bla bla bla as well and that I have a Dad, who, despite his attempts to reason with her, doesn't succeed. My Mum just can't be told anything. Why did this have to happen to ME when I dreamed of a happier, more harmonious family life? However, I'm relieved to hear that my Dad will be separating from her pretty soon and taking me with him, so that'll make things better in the long term, but still, there are days where I wish we could have had a better family life ever since the day my Mum brought me into the world. By the way, I'm 18 and will be attending the university within my hometown soon, although I'll technically be still living with a parent rather than paying for accommodation.

This concerns me - you "dream" of a happier, more harmonious family life. You also dream about living in a mansion - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parent...me-693615.html.

You open threads and don't answer questions so the AMHD members can help you.

You will be "technically" living with a parent? What does that mean?

Who told you that your parents will be separating and you are moving in with your father? Of course, you are legal age, will be responsible for your own support and can live wherever you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Partner Moods. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My partner rarely meets me. Though we talk a lot, sometimes for almost a month we can't meet. He says me that he loves me but can't be with me 24/7. He says that he don't want to meet me in front of his friends. I feel so bad. Suggest me.

My mum takes her moods on me [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is David. I am 13 years old I have a simple life. I have good grades at school and lots of friends. My dad passed away recently. When I was in grade 5. my mum has been getting into a lot of moods lately and taking them out on me. Sometimes it gets physical but not all the time its mostly...

Birth control and moods [ 1 Answers ]

This December will be almost 3 years I have been on birth control. I went off for like a week once or twice but other then that's its been a long time I have been on it. I started taking it about 4 months into my relationship and people sayed it seems after I was on it a while I changed. Someone in...

Girl moods [ 4 Answers ]

OK I kind of going out with this girls and were went on our date alls cool we made out a few times and I kisses her good night alls great but the next night I talk to her on the IM and she's like lets take it slow because I f**** things up sorry don't now if I can say that so but anyway the next...

View more questions Search