Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Slywabbit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 07:41 AM
    Can I sue The Children's Aid
    I suffered sexual and physical abuse at the hands of a few foster parents while I was a crown ward 30 years ago. I was a crown ward for 16 years and was placed in 39 homes before I was 11 and each time I complained of abuse to my case worker, I was told I had a vivid imagination as we all know adults don't hurt kids.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2012, 07:51 AM
    Unlikely... you would have a better chance at suing the people that actually committed the abuse.
    And as far as I understand the British legal system... you could be held liable for at a minimum the other sides legal fees should you lose, as well as your own.
    Slywabbit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 08:02 AM
    Can I sue The Children's Aid in Canada for past abuse?
    I suffered sexual and physical abuse at the hands of a few foster parents and other much older foster kids and by the kids of the foster parents themselves. While I was a crown ward 30 years ago. I was a crown ward for 16 years and was placed in 39 homes before I was 11 along with 49 schools. Each time I complained of abuse to my case workers, I was told I had a vivid imagination as we all know adults don't hurt kids. I only remember small details now ( happened 35 years ago ) about the people themselves.. but I remember the abusive acts plain as day though . Also as a result of all the homes and school I have serious social issues 40 years later
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2012, 08:07 AM
    THis question was already asked. Under site rules only ONE thread per topic iss allowed... I am reporting to moderators to merge the two.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue for libel using legal aid and Negligent Misstatement [ 2 Answers ]

This is over a very bad reference from 1 employer, which is completely false, and I can prove it, Also the same person is using at least 2 different reference, and their may well be a third one, depending on whether, I am going or public or private sectors. Another from a second part time role I...

Can I get legal aid to sue somebody for libel and defamation of character? [ 5 Answers ]

My grand children have been adopted and we have letter box contact twice a year our latest letter from the adoptive parents has included in it that my wife and I neglected and were abusive to them which is untrue and can be proved I would like to know how I would go about suing them for defamation...

Children's Aid Society [ 4 Answers ]

A couple years ago I was involved with the children's aid society because it was not Safe for me to be at home. My parents hired a lawyer and every time the Children's aid Society screwed up they would let them hear about it i.e. at one point I was being given 3 times the medication I was...

Looking for aid [ 1 Answers ]

Here the sitch: My fiancé and I just signed a lease for an apartment but she is worried that we won't be able to pay the rest of the depoist plus the month rent before we move in is there any help out there in the state of Wisconsin county of pierce besides west cap

View more questions Search