Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gimberettte Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2012, 07:12 PM
    Car note that has been charged off
    I am very far behind on my auto loan the loan company has charge off the loan, a recovery agency came to my home wanting to the car however it was in a closed garage, they stated they had taken pictures of my daughter driving the car. I called the Loan company and they guy I spoke with said he would work something out with me since the loan was charged off, he said I would need to give them 1000.00 up front then make monthly payment until the small balance was paid in full. I asked if he could email me the terms and he said not until I paid the 1000.00. I feel very un easy about giving them the 1000.00 and having nothing in writing. What should I do? The recovery agency has yet again come to my home?

Thank you
    Amy
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 19, 2012, 07:15 PM
    Most likely there is no agreement, bet he would not repeat it, if you told him you wanted to record him on the phone.

This is how it works, he gets the 1000, gets his commission for collecting it, and then you will still owe the balance, and no deal.

"charged off" just an accounting term, means they took the tax right off, has nothing to do with how much you owe and have nothing to do with their ability to sue you.

If they send a repo person and you refuse to give them the car, it just goes worst for you,

Aug 19, 2012, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Most likely there is no agreement, bet he would not repeat it, if you told him you wanted to record him on the phone.

This is how it works, he gets the 1000, gets his commission for collecting it, and then you will still owe the balance, and no deal.

"charged off" just an accounting term, means they took the tax right off, has nothing to do with how much you owe and have nothing to do with their ability to sue you.

If they send a repo person and you refuse to give them the car, it just goes worst for you,
    I am suppose to pay it tomorrow, I do not know what to do, he is the one who said 1000.00 and to make payments monthly until it is paid. It is not a collection agency it is the loan company. He told me he could not call the repo guy off until I had paid the 1000.00. I am so lost and don't know how to handle this?

Aug 19, 2012, 07:26 PM
    Should I pay the money if I do not get the terms in writing?
    Gimberette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2012, 08:08 PM
    I have locked myself out :( I got to wait 15 minutes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Once my car payment has been charged off, do I still have to surrender the car? [ 2 Answers ]

I have not paid my car note for years. Recently I contacted the bank and they told me that the car had been charged off and I need to surrender the car to some insurance company. Is this accurate

I live in NYC. Unemployed 2 years. Just paid off car note. Can creditors take car? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in NYC. Unemployed 2 years. Just paid off car note. Can creditors take car?

Just found out he is behind on Car note [ 8 Answers ]

In our decree it states that I take possession of the car ( which I have currently) and its still in his name only... and he is to pay the note... He brought my mail from his house to me this morning and in the stack was a bill from the finance company where the car is financed and he hasn't paid a...

Taking ex off car note [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I bought a car together. We have since broke up. I am wondering if it's possible to get his name transferred off the title and lien? What do I need to do to get this done? I have the car and he doesn't want to make any more payments on it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Getting a car note out my name [ 1 Answers ]

I have a car that I pay a high car note and I tried to refinance it but I paid way too much for the car and they won't I have a friend that would take over the note how do we put it in her name now if she has bad credit,I don't want to take her word that she will pay it I want to be completely rid...

View more questions Search