Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Glasseye55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2012, 10:13 AM
    Low water pressure after installing sharkbite elbows and coupling
    I accidentally punctured a pipe leading to the cold water of a sink in my bathroom. Because of the position of the puncture, I had to replace about 12 linear inches worth of pipe. 1/2 copper piping was used. Sharkbite components were two 1/2 elbows and a 4 inch long 1/2 coupling. After installation, the sink had very low water pressure (hot and cold). No other plumbing in the home has low water pressure and no leaks were detected.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2012, 11:06 AM
    Check the aerator for debris in the screen.
    Glasseye55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2012, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Check the aerator for debris in the screen.
    I removed any debris in the screen and the pressure remained low.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 19, 2012, 11:57 AM
    But you may still have trash blocking the cartridge inlets,
    Turn the water off ,op[en up the faucet and remove the cartridge and check and clear the inlets, Now turn the water back on for a few seconds to flush out the supplies. Reassemble and test, Flow better now? Good luck, Tom
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 19, 2012, 12:09 PM
    The next thing to check would be as Tom suggested, but when you had the aerator out did you run water from the faucet without the aerator in place? How was the flow? If flow was strong then the aerator may be beyond cleaning and need to be replaced... ;)

Otherwise, next step is as Tom said!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure on a kitchen sink, good cold water pressure [ 4 Answers ]

I have a single faucet sink where the cold water pressure is fine and all other sinks have good hot and cold water pressure. I replaced the kitchen faucet two years ago along with new lines. As of late I'm getting very little hot water pressure along with having to run the water for about 10...

Low hot water pressure and then returns to normal pressure [ 2 Answers ]

At times when turning on the hot water faucet we only get a small amount of water. We then turn it off and then back on or even turn it to all cold and then all hot, it finally returns to full pressure. This is not a one faucet problem so I am inclined to think it has something to do with the hot...

Low water pressure-copper pipe-city pressure has been checked-pressure low at any fix [ 20 Answers ]

Low water pressure copper pipe low at all fixtures and faucets. City has checked pressure. They installed new shutoff in streetalso. They checked meter and was OK. I am orignal owner feed from street is 3/4".copper house also. House built in 1972. Problem started 6 months ago. I am at whits...

ALL of the toilets in house have low water in bowl and low pressure... [ 0 Answers ]

All of our toilets seem to be running on low water in the bowls. The tanks are full. I see no leaks. You have to flush several times to even get toilet paper down sometimes! Then the water slowly leaks out until there is less than half the amount of water. My husband replaced the flapper (wrong...

Low Pressure and Low Flow Water Supply [ 4 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that is about 6 years old. The house sits upon a small hill. The water pressure is 40 psi at the street and the flow rate is 13 gpm. At the house, the pressure is about 30 psi and the flow rate is 3.5 gpm. The house is higher than the street level, but the...

View more questions Search