Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RawrLikeATurtle Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Aug 19, 2012, 10:12 AM
    Am I being emotionaly abused by my mom?
    I am not fully sure if I am or not. This may have no reason to be here but my parents are divorced, but every time I go to my dad's my mom gets pissed, her normal saying is that I'm a trator. She always calls me worthless and tells me I'm stupid, annoying, idiotic, dumb, a , and hated by everyone. She once threw me agenst a wall and left a cut on my back from the desk I ran into. She always threatens us that she will stick my head in the doorway and slam the door shut, or that I don't get to go see my friends (after I make plans and I am excited about it). I had cut for a period and when I told her she hit me three times, left me in my room, took me out again, hit me three times again, and set me back into my room. I am mostly always scared to go talk to her and ask questions because I don't know how she will react. I feel like school is a safe haven for me and that is why I love it so much. I get A's and B's and yet I still can do better. My best is never enough, it feels like, and I always feel like near her.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to try to help me findout if it is or not.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 19, 2012, 10:15 AM
    What do you do that she abuses you? What behavior?

Aug 20, 2012, 05:20 PM
    I sont knowto tell the truth I don't know... sometimes it is for when she is just annoyied and me and my sibblings talk ti each other othertimes I don't know at all
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 20, 2012, 05:27 PM
    I'm wondering if you set her off with what you do, or if she has an anger problem and is looking for trouble wherever she can find it.
    backpack2389 Posts: 255, Reputation: 83

Aug 20, 2012, 06:12 PM
    From your description it sounds like your mother is physically and emotionally abusing you. Do you have a school counselor you can talk to about this to maybe get some help?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2012, 06:22 PM
    She was angry because you were skipping school? Is that what you meant by "cutting school"?

Perhaps you have a problem with authority - I do notice that when advised that AMHD does not do homework you posted an answer anyway.

Is that a problem for your mother?

Aug 20, 2012, 07:51 PM
    No I had cut... not school my arm and I finish all my homework.. my friends call me a goody two shoes because I have never been in trouble with authority
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2012, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RawrLikeATurtle View Post
    no i had cut......not school my arm and i finish all my homework..my friends call me a goody two shoes because i have never been in trouble with authority

If you are cutting is very possible that your mother is simply frustrated, worried, feels she has no options.

Aug 22, 2012, 02:31 PM
    Was cutting after... she started this at the beginning of school last year... or so I knowticed
    Q
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 22, 2012, 02:34 PM
    If your mother is truly doing these things you say she is, it would be wise for you to talk to your counselor at school

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I being abused or even emotionally abused? [ 11 Answers ]

My parents split up when I was born I now have a step mom and step father at my moms house thing don't go well we live in an apartment and are very poor my step dad is the main reason of our issues we get in "fights" but he yells at me for the smallest things sometimes his short temper has gotten...

Physically not emotionaly [ 8 Answers ]

Threads merged I have been dating this girl for 1 year she used to tell me she loved me and I would say it back. She told me she met this guy that was selling puppies and got his number. She changed a lot after she met this guy. Now she doesn't call me I have to call her. It doesn't seem like...

How can I get my mom to leave me alone? WITHOUT getting abused [ 6 Answers ]

So my mom won't leave me alone at all! And every time I try to do something right I get abused... phsyicly so I don't know what to do anymore. My whole family does this to me! I can't take it anymore... everyday they do this to me I get more suscidel.

Mentally abused want to live with my mom [ 64 Answers ]

I want to live with my mom because my dad mentally abuses me calls me stupid little girly , when I told him last time that I wanted to live with my mom he was driving me to school he stopped we went home and he yelled at me until I was afraid to say I wanted to live with my mom and then blamed me...

What age are you emotionaly matured [ 3 Answers ]

Hi read read a story and just wonted to no what age are you emotionally matured meaning what age can you be to fall in love with someone and would it be different if they were older than you

View more questions Search