Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BR Remodel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2012, 05:24 AM
    What are options around shower surrounds
    What are the options for wall covering leading to the fiberglass shower surround? The transition from sheetrock to the fiberglass shower is my biggest concern. I am also curious if tiling the 12" from the top of shower wall to ceiling is typical.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 19, 2012, 03:09 PM
    Hi BR

Typical is to prime/paint the area above the surround with a mildew-resistant primer/paint. It is quite rare that anyone tiles this space.

Why the concern here? Mold, mildew, etc.? If this is the case you should probably consider installing an exhaust fan... ;)

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub surrounds [ 2 Answers ]

Fixing a fiberglass tub surround that has come away from the wall

Green board vs cement backer board for tub/shower surrounds [ 2 Answers ]

Our tub/hand held shower surround currently has green board (mold & waterproofed board) on the walls and is primed and painted. We are wanting to tile the walls, do we need to rip out the current green board and put up cement backerboard or can we put it right over the current green board? NAN

Finishing Tub surrounds [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Renovating an old bathroom,how do I,finish the top edge of the tub surround to drywall,and how to finish wonderboard(cement drywall),ready for painting? Thanks, Gord

Custom Dimensioned Shower Base Options [ 1 Answers ]

I'm designing a custom dimensioned shower to maximize space in an oddly shaped room. The shower will be constructed between 3 permanent walls and will use a "partial" neo-angle frameless glass wall and door. What is my best option in terms of appearance and durability? Poured concrete? Or...

Remodel options needed: Replace bath with shower [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking at removing a standard fiberglass bathtub/shower enclosure and installing a tiled shower. What are my options for the base of the shower? I've seen one or two products online that are cultured marble bases with tile inserts that fit right into the old bathtub rough opening. They...

View more questions Search