Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fastanwser7 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2012, 07:09 PM
    Russian girl needs money to go customs what should I do?
    Looks like I'm not the only one who is getting e-mails from Russian girls, but anyway I met this girl named Yuliya Sannikova on rudester.com which is from Novosibirsk (city), Novosibirskaya oblast (state), Russia she is 28 years old, 5.4(166cm) ft tall and weighs110 Ib (51kg). We have been e-mail each other for a month and each time she e-mail me back she send me pictures of herself to make a long story short she has her passport and student visa, she even scan both of them to me to prove to me that she is real which I will put on this question I told me parents about her and they think it a scam which prompted me to track and trace one of the emails that I have saved but some sites that could track and trace seem pointed me to Yahoo in sunnyvale, CA. She sent not one but two emails one of them says that she need 200-250 USD because "they will check her any way at the US customs". I read another question on this site from a difference person that has the same problem but that was almost two yrs ago. So should I believe her or not?

As I said in the question I will put the pictures of her here

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w374/infogundam/Yuliya%20Sannikova/pasp_YuliyaSannikova.jpg

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w374/infogundam/Yuliya%20Sannikova/USA_YuliyaSannikova.jpg

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w374/infogundam/Yuliya%20Sannikova/blacksea2.jpg

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w374/infogundam/Yuliya%20Sannikova/lico.jpg
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 18, 2012, 07:26 PM
    Save your money, it's a scam
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 18, 2012, 07:51 PM
    Yup, you are being scammed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 18, 2012, 07:57 PM
    Complete scam. Russia is not as popular for this, as it used to be, and this may be a real person, but most likely just someone that has their photos. Why not ask for a photo a specific way, holding today's paper, or doing some move, At least then you know that the photo is the person ( or at least a friend or worker) for the person that is message you.

They will check her at customs, that is what customs does, but it is to be sure she does not bring anything incorrect into the country

Aug 19, 2012, 09:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    complete scam. Russia is not as popular for this, as it used to be, and this may be a real person, but most likely just someone that has their photos. Why not ask for a photo a specific way, holding todays paper, or doing some move, At least then you know that the photo is the person ( or at least a friend or worker) for the person that is message you.

They will check her at customs, that is what customs does, but it is to be sure she does not bring anything incorrect into the country
    Your in luck because I do have a picture of her with her friend Vika. The same thing I was think I know that US customs only check for contraband not to see how much money they have, I don't who told her that anyway I'm typeing up a e-mail say that she don't need to do that.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w374/infogundam/Yuliya%20Sannikova/meandVika.jpg

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w374/infogundam/Yuliya%20Sannikova/infogundam.jpg
    Expert

Aug 19, 2012, 09:38 AM
    Check your visa type, F but it is a F1 visa which is for study in the US ( not tourist) and a F1 is for someone in grades under 12, this would make this person still in high school.

Appears to be a faked Visa
    And even if it was real she can not travel on this with out the required I-20 form.
    Also it expires in less than 60 days so it will need to have a new visa anyway
    Expert

Aug 19, 2012, 09:46 AM
    Alphabetical List Of Individual Scammers
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 19, 2012, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastanswer7 View Post
    Your in luck because I do have a picture of her with her friend Vika. The same thing I was think I know that US customs only check for contraband not to see how much money they have, I don't who told her that anyway I'm typeing up a e-mail say that she don't need to do that.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/.../meandVika.jpg

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/...infogundam.jpg
    The Visa looks shopped and I have to ask about this... the last picture here, where she has written on a piece of paper, what does it say? It says "Milla"... why?
    Expert

Aug 19, 2012, 09:49 AM
    And next the date is wrong on the passport, the Russians do not use names like NOV, it would be all numbers. Her has one date with numbers, the other date has NOV spelled.
    Expert

Aug 19, 2012, 09:52 AM
    Here is another fake Russian passport, actually a better one than this person did,

But still fake
    Attached Images

Aug 19, 2012, 10:31 AM
    It's her nickname her friends call her by.
    Entomology Expert

Aug 19, 2012, 10:45 AM
    Sounds odd to me. How about a picture of her with her real name?

Aug 19, 2012, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I don't see her name in that list.
    Entomology Expert

Aug 19, 2012, 01:42 PM
    Ok, we've told you what we think. This is a common scam. The passport and visa looks bogus. The name doesn't match on the pic of her with the sign. If you want to continue believing, there is nothing else we can do.

Be careful with your money, that's all I have left to say.

Aug 19, 2012, 02:21 PM
    What do you think the second set of pictures prove? As noted, as for a picture in front of a landmarke you recognize or with a current newspaper.

But just because her name isn't listed doesn't mean this isn't a scam.

Aug 21, 2012, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Ok, we've told you what we think. This is a common scam. The passport and visa looks bogus. The name doesn't match on the pic of her with the sign. If you want to continue believing, there is nothing else we can do.

Be careful with your money, that's all I have left to say.
    I understand but why would she/he hand over there cell number like that?
    Entomology Expert

Aug 21, 2012, 03:13 PM
    Hand over what cell number? Their "personal" number? It's all part of the scam. Talking on the phone sucks you in.

But like I said, you're going to believe what you want to believe and you're going to try to reason things out just like you did here.

Aug 22, 2012, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Hand over what cell number? Their "personal" number? It's all part of the scam. Talking on the phone sucks you in.

But like I said, you're going to believe what you want to believe and you're going to try to reason things out just like you did here.
    I know I know When I she/he I'll tell him that OK?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 22, 2012, 02:55 PM
    Heck, I'll talk to you on the phone if you send me money. I'm trying to raise money to pay for my daughter's college. LOL

Aug 22, 2012, 04:23 PM
    You can get a throwaway phone for peanuts. It means nothing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Russian coming to the US customs [ 13 Answers ]

My Russian girlfriend has visa, but was not permitted to fly. They said she needed to have 3,000 dollars to show support. New custom law. She said she is waiting in Moscow. Please answer asap. Thanks.

When Russian women get visa for the USA do they have to show money at customs [ 3 Answers ]

A Russian woman said she was coming to the US to visit me and said she needed to show $1200 at customs. Is this true does the US require Russian women to have money before they leave to the US

Need Help With Russian Girl [ 1 Answers ]

I live in U.S. I have started process for U.S. K-1 Fiancée visa. Also will have to file hardship petition because I can not afford to travel abroad. Please anyone with any info regarding this subject please help!!

View more questions Search