Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rfitzgerald1965 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2012, 11:17 AM
    My employer is not paying per diem for work out of town
    I am currently employed by a company in San Diego, which has assigned me to a job site in Twentnine Palms Marine Base this site is 170 miles from my employer. They have leased a house there for the next two years that the job will be going on. They are not covering our meals there because they say we are in a house and can cook breakfast and dinner and make our own lunches during the day. We have eight guys there and are wondering if this is correct or are they wrongly not paying for the Per Diem meals.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2012, 11:36 AM
    THey don't HAVE to pay per diem... and if they are providing you housing and a place to do your coooking... its unlikely they would give both even if they did offer it.

Is it required in a labor contract... does their employee handbook specify if and when they give per diem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I claim apartment rent for out of town work when my employer did not pay per diem [ 1 Answers ]

I had to rent an apartment for 8 months because my work was 10 hours from my home my company did not pay per diem can I claim this as work related exp on my ta and where do I put it?

Reimbursable per diem vs. employer paid per diem [ 2 Answers ]

Can you file a shortage for per diem on your taxes? If so, what basis is used to determine that difference?

What are the laws regarding per diem when working out of town? [ 4 Answers ]

What are the laws regarding per diem when working out of town?

If I stay out of town for work during the week am I entitled to per diem compensation [ 3 Answers ]

I have been working out of town for almost 2 years and have not received any perdiem for this. Am I entitled to compensation for this even though the housing is paid for and I have use of a company vehicle which gas is included??

Can a company change the rules of per diem while on a job out of town? [ 3 Answers ]

My company has not taxed my per diem for the last 10 months. I was just told that after one year on this jobsite, which is out of town, I will be taxed on my per diem. Can that happen?

View more questions Search