Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gsbstyle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Converting a toilet to a sink drain
    Hello. I am converting a powder bath into a wetbar. I want to convert the toilet drain to a sink drain. Can I simply cap the toilet's 4" floor drain and insert a 2" "p"-trap into the vent stack behind it? Or is there more to it?
    Thanks for your help, Gino
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 04:43 PM
    That be it. If you plug the toilet it needs to be a permanent plumbing cap. Not cement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Drain diameter ?: sink vs toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Tom, I'm planning on moving my toilet from one side of my bathroom to the other. I plan to tap into an existing drain for a bathroom sink (the sink will be moved elsewhere). I'm not sure about the compatibility of the drain pipe diameters, so I guess that's the first question. If they are not...

Converting a toilet/sink to a shower [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a bathroom that consists of only a toilet and a sink. I wish to add some kind of shower stall (doesn't have to be a separate compartment) to this bathroom. I can easily add a showerhead to the sink faucet, but my main concern is water drainage. Maybe I would shower in a large tub,...

Converting basement shower to sink [ 1 Answers ]

I built my house ten years ago and had rough ins done for a lav, stool and shower in the basement. The lav and stool have been hooked up for 2 years and work great. However, instead of installing a shower I want to install a kitchen sink with a garbage disposal and dishwasher. The existing stub...

Converting cast iron floor drain to shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

I am adding a bathroom to my basement, which has partial (complete? ) plumbing already roughed into the floor (in 1976). Sewage lift station (vented) is 3 ft from 4" styrofoam plug (toilet), 4 ft from 1 1/2 inch cast male pipe end extending through floor (lav, have already added vertical vent...

View more questions Search