Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bouillon Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2012, 05:57 PM
    Will Port Wine Cheese Fail a ETG?
    The mans question you answered one this forum would tell me tha tI have nothing to worry about and that the ETG I'm going to take Tommorro won't detect anything. But I have a mind that keeps on racing, please help me find peace Bill.

I ate a whole thing of port wine cheese the evening of 08/14/2012 and have a EtG test the morning of 08/17/2012. This type of cheese is made with actually port wine; which is the one of the highest concentrations of wine out there. Is there a chance of the test even tracing it. Or am I in the same boat as the guy who drank one beer and had a fri test. Thanks Dave Bouillon.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2012, 06:43 PM
    You are right that port is a fortified wine and higher in alcohol content. I am not at all familiar with cheese making. Let's just shoot real high and say that the cheese contained the equivalent of 2 glasses of wine (sure it couldn't) but you would still be safe for the EtG.

In addition, alcohol consumed with or within food is metabolized in the gut and through first pass metabolism which means it would create little EtG.

You should have no worries but in the future it is always wise to avoid this type of food during the 24 hours immediately preceding the test and to remain well hydrated during that time.

Aug 16, 2012, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    You are right that port is a fortified wine and higher in alcohol content. I am not at all familiar with cheese making. Let's just shoot real high and say that the cheese contained the equivalent of 2 glasses of wine (sure it couldn't) but you would still be safe for the EtG.

In addition, alcohol consumed with or within food is metabolized in the gut and through first pass metabolism which means it would create little EtG.

You should have no worries but in the future it is always wise to avoid this type of food during the 24 hours immediately preceding the test and to remain well hydrated during that time.
    Ok, thanks. I ate the cheese 48 hrs ago though, So I'm OK still?
    And please Bill, One more thing. Help me understand this chart @ http://www.dietfacts.com/html/nutrition-facts/kaukauna-sharp-and-port-53374.htm

At the bottom of the chart it talks about 1 gram of alcohol. Does that mean what's in the whole thing, or just in a serving. Im confused. PLease help
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2012, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouillon View Post
    Ok, thanks. I ate the cheese 48 hrs ago though, So im ok still?
    And please Bill, One more thing. Help me understand this chart @ Kaukauna Sharp and Port Wine Spreadable Cheese Log with Almonds nutrition facts and calories - DietFacts.com

At the bottom of the chart it talks about 1 gram of alcohol. does that mean whats in the whole thing, or just in a serving. Im confused. PLease help
    Don't believe it refers to either one. Simply indicates 7 calories are in 1g of alcohol. There is no alcohol content noted.

Usually a food product with 0.5% alcohol has to note the % on the label.

Please note that had you eaten this product 5-8 hours prior to the test it could have registered above 100 ng level on EtG/EtS.

Oct 3, 2012, 04:54 PM
    Don't believe it refers to either one. Simply indicates 7 calories are in 1g of alcohol. There is no alcohol content noted.

Please note that had you eaten this product 5-8 hours prior to the test it could have registered above 100 ng level on EtG/EtS.
    Hi Bill, my friend wants to know if they drank a standard shot (1 drink) of peppermint rumplemints (50% alcohol) and chased it with a swallow of bud light last night at 12:30a when would EtG be cleared?

Oct 3, 2012, 05:25 PM

Hey Bill, is the alcohol in nyquil the same alcohol is whiskey or beer? Does it show up on an EtG the same or can they distinguish it because of the medicine chemicals in the nyquil..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I fail an EtG? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been drinking from Wednesday to Friday I drink water naturally will a EtG pick it up? On a test Monday or Tuesday

Can you fail an EtG test after 80 hours? [ 0 Answers ]

Was wondering if anyone has failed an EtG test after 80 hours?

Can I fail an EtG because of Listerine? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I am doing a diversion class for a DUI and I'm one of the people who actually hasn't drunk any alcohol during this diversion. It has been two weeks since I had a UA and my results haven't came in yet. My counselor said positive UA's for ETG take longer so he was suspicious that I had been...

I used cooking wine will I fail EtG urine test the next day? [ 1 Answers ]

I went to mongolian bbq and used cooking wine in my food The next day I took a EtG urine test the next day will I fail it.

View more questions Search