Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chichi375 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2012, 05:37 PM
    Old Stock Certificate Can Anyone Help??
    Hello my name is Chichi375 I am looking for a stock expert. I have old stock certificate from Greenfield Industries that merged in 1997 with Kennametals . I have 6000 shares and want to know what it is worth. I moved to a different state so never received any mail or notification. I have been advised that Kennametal offered 38.00 per share to Greenfield's shareholders. Where can I find out if my stock is worthless or valuable??
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2012, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi375 View Post
    Hello my name is Chichi375 I am looking for a stock expert. I have old stock certificate from Greenfield Industries that merged in 1997 with Kennametals . I have 6000 shares and want to know what it is worth. I moved to a different state so never recieved any mail or notification. I have been advised that Kennametal offered 38.00 per share to Greenfield's shareholders. Where can I find out if my stock is worthless or valuable?????

Here's their website. It's possible the company couldn't find you and turned your holdings over to the State.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 16, 2012, 05:57 PM
    Contact Kennametals shareholder relations department

Kennametal Inc. - Investor Relations - Investor Overview

Aug 16, 2012, 06:45 PM
    Thank you very much. I sent a certified copy to Kennametal which they received but they were very evasive. Is it possible that I had a time limit?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 17, 2012, 03:13 AM
    Yes it is. What exactly did they say? It could be their initial letter was to acknowledge receipt while they investigate.
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2012, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Contact Kennametals shareholder relations department

Kennametal Inc. - Investor Relations - Investor Overview

My apologies - I didn't realize the site didn't post.

Aug 31, 2012, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Yes it is. What exactly did they say? It could be their initial letter was to acknowledge receipt while they investigate.
    I never received any letter, I moved from NY where I purchased the stock to Fl,
    They are saying that I have to find the Transfer Agent or check with the state. They also said that Greenfield Industries Inc did merge with Kennametal But I have to find it. I called the state of Co. and sent certified copies to NY State Comptrollers office of unclaimed funds. Do you have ancy suggestions?

Regards,

Chinita Jacobs (McCoy)
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2012, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi375 View Post
    I never recieved any letter, I moved from NY where I purchased the stock to Fl,
    They are saying that I have to find the Transfer Agent or check with the state. They also said that Greenfield Industries Inc did merge with Kennametal But I have to find it. I called the state of Co. and sent certified copies to NY State Comptrollers office of unclaimed funds. Do you have ancy suggestions?

Regards,

Chinita Jacobs (McCoy)

Unclaimed funds in NYS are listed on line - you don't need to send letters. The Office of the New York State Comptroller - Thomas P. DiNapoli - Office of Unclaimed Funds Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old stock certificate [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Does anyone know what happened to a company originally called Homestead Minerals Corporation (Utah)? I found a web site that states they may have merged in 1988, but it did not say with whom. Any info would be great. Thanks!

Old stock certificate [ 3 Answers ]

I have a old stock certificate from American General Corporation for 10 shares from 1936. I found it in a book that someone bought for me at a garage sale about 18years ago, and while cleaning came across it recently. I know very little about this subject, I am not even't sure if this is worth...

Stock certificate [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of EL CID INTERNATIONAL? I have a certificate for 314,579 shares and can not find anything on it, I have sent it to a stock broker and they could not find anything on it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? Or how to research this more?

View more questions Search