Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allyd Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2012, 01:31 PM
    Dwelling on past results?
    Today I had just got my A level results, in which I got two Cs and an E. The two Cs were in Sociology and ICT while the E was in English Language. Although I only needed a C to get into the uni I wanted and to do the course I wanted, and I'm very happy that I got a confirmed place there, at the same time I feel a little unhappy. I wish I could have been more intelligent from birth to the present time. At GCSE, I got a C in English, a C in Science, a C in ICT and a B in Health and Social Care while I did rubbish in other subjects and although I'm hardworking and have put in more effort along the way, I still feel as if I'm rather dumb. I've never got As or anything on my exam results, although in Sociology, I would get As on my assignments. I'm not particularly talented at anything in the academic field, just average and I get jealous of people who achieve Bs, As and A*s which I know I shouldn't but I can't help it. I know I should appreciate the person who I am, but I'm finding it really difficult.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 16, 2012, 01:42 PM
    As you have met the requirements for your university course then what are you worrying about.
    They wouldn't of made such a low offer if the course was going to be way above your ability. After all it's not medicine your studying, where the work is extremely taxing and involved.

So suck it up and stop feeling sorry for yourself.
    Above all enjoy university life..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 16, 2012, 02:14 PM
    Your intelligence is not your grades on classes, your grades on classes depends on the teachers ability, and your ability to take tests some of the most intelligent people do bad on tests. Looking back or worry about a C merely harms everyone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio Claire results in steps! I am posting results you post yours! [ 34 Answers ]

Hello World! So I got my bio cliare creame, lotion, and oil appx.8 days ago. I have seen some lightening (more skin evening than anything) and now I am starting to itch a little but I see that's just apart of the process because it dries your skin a bit and I know I have to buy a sun screen to put...

Theft in dwelling for first timer [ 0 Answers ]

Recently I was caught for theft in dwelling for the first time... the amount was under $3000... I am a singaporean and at that point of time no weapon was being used... what would my charges be? is it fine,probation or imprisonment? I am clean and I have no criminal record or etc... this is my...

24 hour enter dwelling [ 1 Answers ]

I am a resident apt manager in California if I post a 24hour enter dwelling notice on a unit when am I able to enter?

Mantaining same dwelling [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I had an argument and she is staying with her friend temporarily she put in a change of address she has had her green card for about 2 months and my question is since it is a temporary green card and cannot become permanent until we have been married for 2 years is her legally changing...

Dwelling on the past [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone well I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years now and we are like best friends. Except for one issue when we first started dating I felt the need to lie to him and tell him I had sex previously, I made the story up about a few guys and I think I did it becases I thought at the time he...

View more questions Search