Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ArmstrongMiller Posts: 164, Reputation: -1

Aug 16, 2012, 12:02 AM
    Who can tell me the health care level of the USA?
    I want to know the health care level of the USA. Please explane it with examples. Thanks.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 16, 2012, 12:08 AM
    What do you mean by "health care level " ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 16, 2012, 05:25 AM
    And where, health care in Baxley GA or Sparta TN is not the same as in Atlanta GA or Nashville.

Also the level of care a person in the US receives often depends on if they have insurance and even what type of insurance.
    Danety Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Sep 11, 2012, 01:30 PM
    The residents of the other developed countries all have essentially universal health care.
    They certainly live longer as they are healthier. (Check out World Health Org statistics.)
    I have attended college and further studies in Switzerland, Germany, France and Canada, and been impressed with the ease and low or no cost medical care (I was ill in a Swiss hospital for several days. It cost me about $5.00.) More than half of all bankruptcies in America are due medical costs. This is unheard of in other countries.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2012, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Danety View Post
    The residents of the other developed countries all have essentially universal health care.
    They certainly live longer as they are healthier. (Check out World Health Org statistics.)
    I have attended college and further studies in Switzerland, Germany, France and Canada, and been impressed with the ease and low or no cost medical care (I was ill in a Swiss hospital for several days. It cost me about $5.00.) More than half of all bankruptcies in America are due medical costs. This is unheard of in other countries.
    So why do so many people from those same nations fly to US for treatment that their Universial Health Care will not provide to them?

What about the long waits to be seen ?

And no one in the US goes without treatment, those that can't afford it, will be seen anyway.

And nothing is free, they merely pay a much larger amount in taxes and are not allowed law suits for damages.
    Danety Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Sep 12, 2012, 06:40 PM
    SOME Canadians do cross the border, as do some Americans who prefer European doctors or whatever--the rich always have choices. But anecdotes do not a trend make.
    Canada has a problem in that it is so easy for doctors to make more money a few miles south. Canadians know this and cannot help it when professionals are more interested in money than service. The result, of course, a longer wait for, say, a hip replacement.
    Obviously any serious condition is dealt with immediately. (I own a house in Nova Scotia and would love to partake of their health system for all.) When Canadians are polled, they vastly prefer their system to the cutthroat profit-driven American non-system.
    And, before any postulations, let us recall that Nothing is Perfect, and there is always another anecdote to prove whatever points one is mired in. (I will add that I would also love to move permanently to the European countries which I love. (And maybe the Koch Bros will give me scholarship so I and my Newfoundland dogs can move and live in a country with peace and a high standard of living! Pie in the sky wishes.)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2012, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Danety View Post
    SOME Canadians do cross the border, as do some Americans who prefer European doctors or whatever--the rich always have choices. But anecdotes do not a trend make.
    Canada has a problem in that it is so easy for doctors to make more money a few miles south. Canadians know this and cannot help it when professionals are more interested in money than service. The result, of course, a longer wait for, say, a hip replacement.
    Obviously any serious condition is dealt with immediately. (I own a house in Nova Scotia and would love to partake of their health system for all.) When Canadians are polled, they vastly prefer their system to the cutthroat profit-driven American non-system.
    And, before any postulations, let us recall that Nothing is Perfect, and there is always another anecdote to prove whatever points one is mired in. (I will add that i would also love to move permanently to the European countries which i love. (And maybe the Koch Bros will give me scholarship so i and my Newfoundland dogs can move and live in a country with peace and a high standard of living! Pie in the sky wishes.)

If we're talking personal experience I live in a "border town," in the US. My husband had to wait for cardiac surgery because of the number of Canadians who were scheduled ahead of him.

They didn't want to wait for a Canadian surgeon to be available AND they were pay cash.

I didn't find it "obvious" that any serious condition would be dealt with immediately - this particular cardiac surgeon only operated on high-risk patients.

I would say it's probably a very mixed of experience, and I can only tell you mine.

I'm also not sure - and I think Curlyben caught it - that this isn't homework which, of course, AMHD does not do by policy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health and social care - hazards in health & social care settings [ 10 Answers ]

Explain the potential hazards in health and social care settings, you should include: 1. hazards: e.g. from workinh environment, working condition, poor staffing training, poor working practices, equipment, substance etc. 2. working environment: e.g. within an organisation's premises 3....

Health care & home care [ 2 Answers ]

How do I set up health care & Home care agency?

A level USA [ 1 Answers ]

Hey! Wanted to know if there are ne university in the US that provide Undergraduate courses to students wit their A LEVEL Scores wit SAT as a option?

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

View more questions Search