Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joe miller Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Aug 15, 2012, 03:43 PM
    My parents do drugs and I want them out of my life
    Ok so Iam really scared! My moms boyfriend smokes pot! It is illegal in this state! They want me to hang around them when they smoke it, but I'm way to scared! There is no way for the pot smoke to get Out of the house! I hold my nose in mouth with my shirt over it,but they just laugh! He won't stop and my mom tells him he don't have to! I am scared can I get out of this house? Tonight? I don't ever want to see them again in my life!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 15, 2012, 03:46 PM
    How old are you?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2012, 04:07 PM
    So call and report them to social service.

Second hand smoke should have no effect on you, there is no reason to cover your nose and mouth,
    Joe miller Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Aug 15, 2012, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by j_9 View Post
    how old are you?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 15, 2012, 05:17 PM
    When did this behavior begin?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Aug 15, 2012, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    So call and report them to social service.

Second hand smoke should have no effect on you, there is no reason to cover your nose and mouth,
    Unless the smell bothers you.

Have you talked to your mother about how you feel and how uncomfortable you are around marijuana?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2012, 09:43 AM
    I disagree about second hand smoke having no effect on her. It certainly can impact her. There are countless studies showing the negative impact of second hand smoke, particularly on children.

Is your father in your life? As this is your mom and stepdad, maybe the answer is to live with your dad? You could call your father and tell him what's going on and ask if you can live with him. Or do you have another trusted adult relative who does not use drugs? An aunt or grandparent? Perhaps you can talk to them.

Outside of the family you can report what is happening to a counselor at school, and they will be required to involve social services. You definitely need to find a trusted adult who will act on your behalf to get you out of the home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brother deals drugs. Parents won't listen. [ 7 Answers ]

My youngest half brother used to be a good student, always got straight A's in school, great guy. Then he got into a gang and started selling drugs, and robbing people. Some how my parents are convinced that he has quit doing this and "changed his ways". He has not. Plus he has some really bad...

Are parents that do drugs considered unfit parents I really need tobefor tomarrow [ 12 Answers ]

I'm living in a life that I can't take any more.. I need to know a way to leave my house its not something like I don't want to do what they say its what they say and do hurts me not phisicaly but verbaly and mentaly. I'm really scared and tired of dealing with what I am I've been told and I see no...

I am a mother who knows the other parents are using DRUGS [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Kansas City, ks. I have a seven year old son, who is living with his father and step mother, and I have him on weekends or weeks at a time. The concern I have is the alcohol and drug use happening at the fathers house while my son is there. Both of the other parents are supposed to be...

Can you help with all around life choices? Sex, drugs, alcohol [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, Have you ever had a friend in your life that has tried everything first? That person who everybody looks to for help, because that person has already experienced it?. First one to do a back flip, first one to become the MVP, first one to have sex, first one to drink or experiment with...

Parents use drugs - what should I do? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm having a problem and I really don't know what to do. I'm 17 and live with my mother and stepfather. I absolutely despise the use of drugs, but both of them are and have been (for years) smoking weed in the house. It makes me sick, I'm so disgusted by it and by them. I don't want drugs in my...

View more questions Search