Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    palsts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2012, 12:34 PM
    Bridezilla
    I am maid of honor for friend wedding. I am also hosting her reception at my house. So far, bride to be has not communicated with me about important details. She expects bridal and wedding gifts from me and expects me to pay for hotel rooms for bachelorette party.. Wedding is 5 weeks away.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2012, 12:44 PM
    Whoa, why should YOU have to pay for anything but your own gown and whatever gift you give her?

Put your foot down, now.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2012, 12:47 PM
    So tell her no, unless you are just ultra rich and it is no big deal.
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Sep 4, 2012, 01:04 PM
    I would sit down and have a heart to heart with her. If you can't afford it, let her know. Typically the bridesmaids and MOH all go in on the bridal shower/bachelorette party if there is more than just you in the bridal party. But she can't expect you to pay for everything including a dress and shoes.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2012, 10:57 AM
    It would be appropriate for you to purchase your own attire for the wedding and cover your own accommodations. It's nice to attend one shower and bring a gift (need not be expensive) and to send a wedding gift (again, needn't be expensive). Otherwise, no other obligations.

Just tell her "no" and if she's insistent that what Maid's of Honor do, tell her, "I misunderstood what was expected when you asked me to do this. Your expectations are way beyond what is done per the way I was raised, and it's way, way beyond my budget so I'm going to have to bow out and let someone else have the honor". Do not apologize.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my daughter in law to be a bridezilla- help? [ 2 Answers ]

She seems to be getting crazier and more manic as D day comes along. We increased the number of guests by 6 and she started shrieking at me about how she has gone to such lengths to have a perfect wedding and now has to run around ordering one more table, flower arrangement and bowls. OK so My...

Bridezilla - sort of [ 4 Answers ]

I was asked over a year ago to be a bridesmaid. I'm closer to the groom-to-be than the bride, and honestly wouldn't have even considered saying yes if it hadn't been for him. Over the past year, a lot has happened in our lives to make me start reconsidering... Like the fact that the bride...

View more questions Search