Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vakhnine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2012, 10:49 PM
    Hot water turned yellow after I turned the mane valve off to replace an old tap.
    Hi
    Hot water turned yellow after I turned the mane valve off to replace an old tap. There is no low pressure or any other sign of airlock and cold water is of a normal quality but hot water looks dirty and fills like it has some particles in it.
    What the issue could be?
    And how it can be fixed?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 15, 2012, 05:30 AM
    How often do you flush your heater? If the answer's never then you've found the problem. You should always flush, not drain, your heater on a regular schedule to get rid of mineral buildup. Let me show you how.

For long life and fewer troubles you should keep your heater clear of mineral build-up by FLUSHING NOT DRAINING on a regular schedule.

Attach a hose to the boiler drain at the bottom of the tank. With the pressure on, open the boiler drain and let it run until the water runs clear. You will see a spurt of red,(rust) followed by white or yellow grains,(lime or calcium carbonate). This shouldn't take more then a few minutes.

Do this monthly to keep it clear. Now flush out your hot water lines on ALL fixtures that are affected . Now pull each aerator and clean the screens. Be sure you put them back together the same way you took them out. Don't forget to flush it out every month. Your heater will thank you for it. Hope this helps and thank you for rating my answer,

Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water drips from kitchen faucet even if hot water supply valve turned off [ 6 Answers ]

Have 2 handle kitchen faucet, cartridge stems. Hot water dripping from faucet even if hot water supply turned off. Volume of water dripping increasing over time. Changed o-ring, didn't help. Not sure if I need new hot water cartridge stem or hot water supply valve, or both.

Hot water when cold tap is first turned on [ 5 Answers ]

When we turn on the cold taps in kitchen or 3 bathrooms (sink and bathtub/shower), very hot water comes out for about 2 minutes until it cools down enough to wash hands, get a glass of water, etc. We have also had to replace the kitchen faucet due to it dripping and leaking around the bonnet. Two...

My tub cold tap drowns out hot water even when only turned a little? [ 3 Answers ]

I get good pressure and everything. But when I turn my tub hot tap on everything is fine but if I also turn on the cold even a little it drowns out the warmth of the hot water right away. Faucets are taps (seperate one for cold and for hot) with a pull out stick thing to activate shower head.

We turned off the main water valve to our home to replace a shutoff on the toilet. W [ 1 Answers ]

When we turned the main back on the water from the hot water tap ran dark brown with a lot of sediment in it? We ran the hot water until it was out and the water continued to run brown. Is it time to replace the hot water heater?

I only get hot bath water when cold tap in sink is turned on why? [ 0 Answers ]

I had a problem with boiler not operating during hot water demand. Central heating is fine. I switched off boiler for a minute and switched it on again and got continued hot water from Kitchen and bathroom sink and for a while in the bath. But after a while water in bath turned cold. Now I can...

View more questions Search