Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dhivyaa308 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2012, 08:22 PM
    Shall I drop my love for the sake of my parents?
    Am 21 and my friend is 22.We both got recruited in a top IT company.Different caste.we both know each other for 4 years.He loves me a lot and proposed me 2 years ago.But I acted telling let us be good friends because my family is too orthodox(they ll even go to d range of committing suicide because of d shame that am in luv).But I love him a lot now and feeling sick .I do not have the guts to tell to my parents.My parents are seeing groom for me.Can I lead a happy life by choosing the partner of my parents choice? Will love bloom once again between us? Will I be able to forget my friend? Or shall I start loving my friend and lead life the way I lik?
    Kp818 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2012, 11:19 PM
    Just continue talking with him because at d end of d day you going to sleep next to your husband not your parents!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2012, 06:06 AM
    He asked you to marry him 2 years ago, what has happened over those two years, do you still see each other ? Does he still have those feelings ?

What does he think about you marry someone else.

Personally you don't really love him, if you did, you would be brave enough to tell your parents. But since you will not fight for him, it must not be true love.

A person in true love would not even consider marry someone else
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 15, 2012, 06:13 AM
    I won't presume to claim that you can't possibly love him if you didn't confront your parents with your love. If we in other parts of the world find it hard to believe that parents would commit suicide over this, it doesn't mean it wouldn't happen, and we can't imagine the effect that would have on the child.
    A lot of us here are in the US and Canada, and we mostly will say 'Of course you go with your love for your friend.' But only you can answer this. If it means leaving the area and being shunned and disowned by family, can you handle that? I would still say yes, you can, you are an adult, and you have a life to live of your own. Also many parents relent when babies start being born.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub drain need to drop 26", btr to drop at 45 or 90? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello All, I'm installing a shower and have been scratching my head on this for a while. I need to run the drain along the wall above to so I can vent it (for a foot or two), then hang a right and head toward the stack about 5' away. Due to the small crawl space and T on the stack, I need...

Name Sake [ 3 Answers ]

My sons Girlfriend is 5 months Pregnant and is still legally married!. She has a Daughter with her husband but this is my sons baby.. Can she name her baby after my son or does she have to Legally give this baby her husbands name? Im really worried about my son and his unborn daughter!. I have...

My borfriend constantly cheats but I can't figure out how to drop him because I love him [ 6 Answers ]

So my boyfriend and I have been together for 9 months, I love the guy but he keeps cheating on me and having more then one girlfriend. I know he has a cheating problem because when we were broken up he was cheating on his girlfriend with me, I love the guy and I wanted to help him for a long time...

For the sake of my babies and there Hero.Pa Pa [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 children with a father that choses to see them when it is convent for him. He has been locked up for most of there lives. My family is moving back home to California after 17 years. I want to move with them for my children know there pa pa as a father figure. My father has been there...

View more questions Search