Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mynameiskathy Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2012, 03:04 PM
    Books!
    I love books, and have read many, but need some more to read. I am eleven, BTU I read adult fiction sometimes. Anything would be helpful! Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2012, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameiskathy View Post
    I love books, and have read many, but need some more to read. I am eleven, btu I read adult fiction sometimes. Anything would be helpful! Thanks!

Anything by Judy Blum.

"Books" doesn't tell us a lot - what types of books?

Aug 14, 2012, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Anything by Judy Blum.

Sorry, well I like fiction, but really anything in fiction. I don't really know how to explain any more than fiction books. I really like science fiction and fantasy, but I guess I like all fiction really.

Aug 14, 2012, 03:12 PM
    Anything by Judy Blum.

Oooh, I like Judy Blum, she's awesome. But I haven't really read many of her books, what else does she write? I've read Blubber and Iggie's House what else is there by her?
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2012, 03:15 PM
    Oooh, I like Judy Blum, she's awesome. But i haven't really read many of her books, what else does she write? I've read Blubber and Iggie's House what else is there by her?

I left off a letter - it's blume.

"Summer Sisters" is fantastic - adult, but fantastic.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 14, 2012, 03:23 PM
    Do what I do. Pick out one now and then from this list, American Library Association's best children's books from each year, Newbery Medal and Honor Books, 1922-Present | Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC). The Bridge to Terabithia and Holes are two of my favorites.

Aug 15, 2012, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Do what I do. Pick out one now and then from this list, American Library Association's best children's books from each year, Newbery Medal and Honor Books, 1922-Present | Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC). The Bridge to Terabithia and Holes are two of my favorites.
    Oh, I love Bridge to Terabithya and Holes was really good too. Thanks for the site, and Judykaytee, thanks for the book recommendation
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2012, 07:02 AM
    Oh, I love Bridge to Terabithya and Holes was really good too. Thanks for the site, and Judykaytee, thanks for the book recomendation

Did your school give you a list of books you'll have to read in the upcoming school year? I always had all the books read, complete with a written summary, before school even started.

I'm an avid reader and my local library had a "Tour the World" reading contest every Summer. You read the book, wrote X words about the book and then your toy airplane moved to the next City/Country. I toured the World four times one Summer and finally was told enough was enough. My friend's sister was the librarian and she let me come in and "help her" (for no money, of course, because I was probably around 10) and it was the biggest thrill of my life up to that point.

I got to put the books in order on the cart and "help" her put them on the shelf.

I sometimes wonder if she knew how much her kindness meant to me. She kept me reading, recommended books - and had time to spend with a child.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 15, 2012, 07:41 AM
    I sometimes wonder if she knew how much her kindness meant to me. She kept me reading, recommended books - and had time to spend with a child.
    I had a few child library volunteers over the years (their parents were court-ordered community service workers who had no place to leave a child). Some of them did better and more careful work than the adults did! Slapping all the library stickers onto DVD and music CD cases was detailed work that little fingers did well and saved me a ton of time. And of course, they were thrilled! I like to think that helped them appreciate libraries.

Maybe mynameiskathy can check into volunteering at the library. Thee may be a place for younger ones there in the children's department.

Aug 15, 2012, 08:34 AM
    Did your school give you a list of books you'll have to read in the upcoming school year? I always had all the books read, complete with a written summary, before school even started.

I'm an avid reader and my local library had a "Tour the World" reading contest every Summer. You read the book, wrote X words about the book and then your toy airplane moved to the next City/Country. I toured the World four times one Summer and finally was told enough was enough. My friend's sister was the librarian and she let me come in and "help her" (for no money, of course, because I was probably around 10) and it was the biggest thrill of my life up to that point.

I got to put the books in order on the cart and "help" her put them on the shelf.

(: Well, not really, there was a short one, but you didn't have to read them and I had already read them, soooo...

Aug 15, 2012, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I had a few child library volunteers over the years (their parents were court-ordered community service workers who had no place to leave a child). Some of them did better and more careful work than the adults did! Slapping all the library stickers onto DVD and music CD cases was detailed work that little fingers did well and saved me a ton of time. And of course, they were thrilled! I like to think that helped them appreciate libraries.

Maybe mynameiskathy can check into volunteering at the library. Thee may be a place for younger ones there in the children's department.
    Thanks
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2012, 08:47 AM
    Thanks

Let us know if you ask if you can help - I'm curious to know if you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should you read more books less often or less books more often? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been mulling this one over and over in my head. I need help.

How can we believe that holy books are books from God [ 1 Answers ]

How can we believe that holy books are books from God

Old books [ 5 Answers ]

I have a few old books (100+yrs). Does anyone know any online valuers? Or somewhere for a rough estimate? I'm wondering if they're worth taking to a valuers or am I going to look silly? thanks moomin ;)

Tell all books [ 1 Answers ]

I just read "If I did it" by O.J. Simpson and "The Otherman" about John F. Kennedy Jr. Carolyn Bessette, and Michael Bergin I really liked them both and I'm looking for suggestions to similar books-any good tell alls:)

View more questions Search