Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2012, 02:30 PM
    I'll have someone available after CC gets back.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2012, 03:19 PM
    Hello Steve:

I agree that Joe Biden was addressing black people. He told them that the Republicans were going to put them "back in chains".

Who did he offend?

excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2012, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Steve:

I agree that Joe Biden was addressing black people. He told them that the Republicans were going to put them "back in chains".

Who did he offend?

excon
    Me for one. It should offend blacks as well (and it did offend "the nation's first elected black governor, Virginia's L. Douglas Wilder").

It wasn't just what he said but how he said it, "they gon' put y'all back in chains!" Since when does Biden say "they" for "they're," "gon'" for "going to" and "y'all" for "you?" If a white conservative had done something similar the media and black activists would have had a nuclear hissy fit.

It's time to end this racist BS, are you with me or not?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2012, 07:15 AM
    How low can he go?
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2012, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    It's time to end this racist BS, are you with me or not?
    Hello again, Steve:

I didn't find it racist... Racism is when you disdain a particular group. There was NO disdain in his remarks... And, you KNOW he has no disdain for black people in his heart. Or, maybe YOU don't. This is the same kind of false accusation you make when a black artist uses the "n' word. To YOU, simply the mention of the word is RACIST... What the word MEANT - or the CONTEXT in which the word was spoken DOESN'T matter to you.

But, in the real world, CONTEXT does matter.

excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2012, 08:48 AM
    It was racial pandering at its purest, you gon' deny that? Really ex, there is only one way to interpret telling a largely black audience that a white guy is going to put them back in chains. That intentionally conjures up one image...

His comment is inexcusable and indefensible, and that you would defend, gloss over it and refuse to join me in stopping this racist BS is quite revealing.
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2012, 09:49 AM
    Really ex, there is only one way to interpret telling a largely black audience that a white guy is going to put them back in chains. That intentionally conjures up one image...

..that you would defend, gloss over it and refuse to join me in stopping this racist BS is quite revealing.
    Hello again, Steve:

I don't know if you glossed, or just missed it.. But, I AGREE with you that it conjures up only ONE image, and you NAILED it... Ceptin for ONE thing.. Biden wasn't just talking about a white guy. He was talking about a REPUBLICAN white guy, and I AGREE with him.. What's RACIST about telling the TRUTH??

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 21, 2012, 09:55 AM
    Are you also appalled by the hidden racism under guise of voter fraud suppressing blacks and minorities from voting? Even after you repubs admitted that was the goal?

Ohio GOP Admits Early Voting Cutbacks Are Racially Motivated | The Nation

Why do Ohio Republicans suddenly feel so strongly about limiting early voting hours in Democratic counties? Franklin County (Columbus) GOP Chair Doug Preisse gave a surprisingly blunt answer to the Columbus Dispatch on Sunday: “I guess I really actually feel we shouldn't contort the voting process to accommodate the urban—read African-American—voter-turnout machine.” Preisse is not some rogue operative but the chairman of the Republican Party in Ohio's second-largest county and a close adviser to Ohio Governor John Kasich.

Like Pennsylvania House majority leader Mike Turzai, who said his state's voter ID law “is going to allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania,” Preisse said publicly what many Republicans believe privately—keeping turnout down among Obama supporters is the best way for the GOP to win the 2012 election. That's why, since the 2010 election, Republicans have devoted so much energy to voter-suppression efforts like limiting early voting hours, restricting voter registration drives, passing voter ID laws, disenfranchising ex-felons and purging the voter rolls.
    At least Biden knows the language of those he speaks to, and gives them warning about YOU guys who are lying and saying its about election integrity, and not election fixing.

Your outrage over Joe, while ignoring your own is pretty selective to me and not very credible.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2012, 10:13 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

I dunno if you glossed, or just missed it.. But, I AGREE with you that it conjures up only ONE image, and you NAILED it... Ceptin for ONE thing.. Biden wasn't just talking about a white guy. He was talking about a REPUBLICAN white guy, and I AGREE with him.. What's RACIST about telling the TRUTH???

excon
    The question is what's truthful about it? You have nothing, absolutely nothing to justify that claim. In fact, the facts tell a story just the opposite. Republicans fight to liberate people from their government master, it's Democrats that fight to keep blacks under a federal slave master.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2012, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Are you also appalled by the hidden racism under guise of voter fraud suppressing blacks and minorities from voting? Even after you repubs admitted that was the goal?

Ohio GOP Admits Early Voting Cutbacks Are Racially Motivated | The Nation

At least Biden knows the language of those he speaks to, and gives them warning about YOU guys who are lying and saying its about election integrity, and not election fixing.

Your outrage over Joe, while ignoring your own is pretty selective to me and not very credible.
    Dude, truth is not a matter of you repeating the same lies until someone believes it.
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2012, 10:21 AM
    Republicans fight to liberate people from their government master, it's Democrats that fight to keep blacks under a federal slave master.
    Hello again, Steve:

WASHINGTON—In the wake of last weekend's highly controversial comments from Rep. Todd Akin (R-MO), top Republican officials condemned the congressman's statements Monday, calling them a black mark on the party's otherwise flawless record on women's rights issues.

“Throughout our history, whether it's been our position on birth control, abortion, or equal pay for equal work, Republicans have always stood together with women, listening to their needs and fighting for issues that are are important to them. That is why we were stunned that someone from our own party could have made such insensitive remarks or expressed such uninformed opinions about women,” said Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus, calling Akin's comments an outlier, especially when one considers the huge, progressive strides—both personally and professionally—the GOP has helped women make over the years. “We apologize for Congressman Akin. And we want the nation's women to know that they will continue to have no greater ally than the Republican Party.” Priebus added that while there was certainly no excuse for Akin's comments, after 150 years without a single insensitive remark against women, perhaps the GOP was due.
    Excon
    Expert

Aug 21, 2012, 10:44 AM
    Dude, truth is not a matter of you repeating the same lies until someone believes it.
    So he didn't say it and the newspaper lied?

Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    Republicans fight to liberate people from their government master, it's Democrats that fight to keep blacks under a federal slave master.
    No they don't, you are making that up!!
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2012, 10:53 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

excon
    How did we get to The Onion and Akin on a thread about the Obama campaign's sleaze tactics? Back to the OP.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2012, 11:09 AM
    So he didn't say it and the newspaper lied?
    No, the newspaper didn't lie, the opinion guy did. He twisted the words to fit in his nice little outraged box instead of showing it was about was about keeping the process fair and equal for all. EXACTLY what we've been saying.

No they don't, you are making that up!!
    We're not the ones telling them to depend on the government a la Julia.
    Expert

Aug 21, 2012, 11:40 AM
    Helping some one that hasn't asked for help was the same rational for slavery, so should they be grateful to massa for help? Will you change your name? Or be upsetwhen they reject YOUR help?

I mean, who asked you for YOUR help?? Whose even asking YOU for help with the baby in the females belly?
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2012, 11:48 AM
    Dude, a) you can't be truly liberated if you're beholden to massa Obama.

b) I didn't ask for Obama's "help" with my healthcare. I can't be liberated if I depend on unaccountable bureaucrats to decide what treatments I can have.

c) I'm not forcing "help" or anything else on on anyone, I fight for the right of a helpless child to get a chance at life.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2012, 12:01 PM
    But you're not.

b) I didn't ask for Obama's "help" with my healthcare. I can't be liberated if I depend on unaccountable bureaucrats to decide what treatments I can have.
    That's not how universal healthcare works, educate yourself.

c) I'm not forcing "help" or anything else on on anyone, I fight for the right of a helpless child to get a chance at life.
    You're telling a woman what to do with her body. Don't speak for all women. let them decide on their own, they don't need massa speechless to tell them what to do. Feel free to force your beliefs on the your fellow followers. Not everyone believes what you do - is that so hard to understand?
    Expert

Aug 21, 2012, 12:13 PM
    QUOTE by speechlesstx;
    Dude,
    a) you can't be truly liberated if you're beholden to massa Obama.
    Partisan straw man opinion. Why doesn't that apply to massa Mitt?

More straw man partisan rhetoric, you can spend your money anyway you want if you have any left after Mitt gets done with you.

Now I get it, Julia and Otis are children to be told whats best for them.

Got it massa Speech!, Or would you rather be DADDY?
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2012, 02:17 PM
    [QUOTE=NeedKarma;3244361]
    But you're not.
    I didn't say I was, duh.

That's not how universal healthcare works, educate yourself.
    15 unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats called the Independent Payment Advisory Board will be tasked to ration Medicare under the guise of "price controls." Obama has already alluded to expanding their role beyond Medicare. Educate yourself.

You're telling a woman what to do with her body.
    No, I'm trying to SAVE the CHILD, and if that happens to result in one woman avoiding the painful emotional after effects of an abortion, all the better.

Don't speak for all women. Let them decide on their own, they don't need massa speechless to tell them what to do.
    I don't speak for anyone but me, so that's just another straw man. If anyone is pretending to speak for all women it's progressives/liberals and media wonks, and it really pi$$es off a lot of women that don't want to be boxed into their stupid stereotypes.

Feel free to force your beliefs on the your fellow followers.
    Since I've already made clear I don't force anything on anyone and you have no evidence whatsoever to back that up, you're just poisoning the well, something you excel at on a regular basis.

Not everyone believes what you do - is that so hard to understand?
    Nothing I've ever said would lead to that conclusion. Is that so hard to understand?
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2012, 02:28 PM
    Partisan straw man opinion. Why doesn't that apply to massa Mitt?
    That's easy, Mitt isn't the one expanding government exponentially, giving himself credit on the bios of others and running on the premise that his policies are going to take care of you from cradle to grave. Nothing partisan about it, the facts speak for themselves.

More straw man partisan rhetoric, you can spend your money anyway you want if you have any left after Mitt gets done with you.
    The FACT that I didn't ask for Obama's help with my health care, and in FACT vehemently opposed his involvement (as did the Majority of Americans) is a straw man? Dude, you don't know what rhetoric or straw man means.

Now I get it, Julia and Otis are children to be told whats best for them.

Got it massa Speech!, Or would you rather be DADDY?
    No one on this side of the aisle is campaigning on cradle to grave care so you can only be speaking of Obama the Messiah.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was the in-game advertisement of Obama`s campaign a success? [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any kind of evaluation or analysing data on the web that shows how the campaigning worked with in video and online games?

If Giuliani's campaign wasn't dead before, it is now... [ 22 Answers ]

Think Progress » Rudy Floats Dick Cheney For Vice President Again

The Republican campaign [ 55 Answers ]

Conservatives and Republicans Does the endorsement of Mitt Romney by National Review (long time publication founded by William Buckley ) mean anything to you ? Will it have any influence on who you support ?

What is the budget for a advertising campaign [ 4 Answers ]

What is the budget for a advertising campaign

Campaign money [ 1 Answers ]

When an candidate decides to no longer run for office either drops out or isn't running for the next term, does he/she get to keep the money raised on their behalf? If not, what happens to it? Thank you.

View more questions Search