Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nellzrob Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2012, 11:52 AM
    Online Library
    Does anyone know of a trusted free online library with thousands of documents such as books, articles, magazines and newspapers?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 14, 2012, 12:07 PM
    Maybe. Are you looking for something specific or just wanting to be able to search freely for anything?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 14, 2012, 12:42 PM
    Google?

Aug 20, 2012, 03:43 AM
    Want to search freely for information. But something other than Google.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 20, 2012, 03:44 AM
    Bing, Yahoo! Dogpile.

Take your pick there's loads.

What EXACTLY are you searching for?
    Ms_Bethany Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Aug 20, 2012, 01:21 PM
    There are lots of these, but they tend to be for one or a few related topics. For example, PubMed will let you freely search tons of medical research documents, ww.perseus.tufts.edu is a digital library dealing with classical texts and analysis tools, and the Hathi project (hathi.org) has lots of books and other cultural artifacts scanned into digital form. Your best bet is to use Google to find an online library collection that suits your research needs.

Sep 3, 2012, 08:11 AM
    Well I'm currently doing my degree in hospitality management.. so anything along those lines would be useful!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2012, 08:25 AM
    Your public library should be able to connect you with databases that contain industry-specific journals and other publications. You may have to actually go to the library and get help from a reference librarian, but many libraries now allow their patrons to use a PIN to access databases from home.

Are you anywhere near a public library?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cd library software [ 1 Answers ]

HI Can anyone tell a good software for a cd library in an organization. Want to categorize the cd eg:OS, Driver, Printer and number the cds according to the type

Unable to access the Online Catalog of Library [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts I am Library Professional.One day a user came to me and told me that he is unable to access the OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog) services from his home I mean in LAN. But enquirred in library that in Intranet it was running. So experts I want the solution from you that what problem...

How to make iPod library, not just device library? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Ipod that I just got and put on my moms laptop, but now I have a laptop so I put it on my own computer. My library will only show up if the iPod is plugged in and even then it is not my primary library. If I click on the library (at the top of the main Itunes page) no music comes up, to...

Library table [ 3 Answers ]

I have a table with a brand that says kiel furniture co. under the top.I was told its called a library table.any info would be helpful its been in storage for 22 yrs and is in good shape

View more questions Search