Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marlais Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2012, 11:20 AM
    Journalist's or repoter's advice on press release ettiquette?
    Hello!
    I'm in charge of writing and sending press releases for up coming shows at the comedy club that I work for. I email at least one press release a week to all 166 contacts on my list. I send out releases one month ahead of time for every performer who will be appearing at the club and I include the name of the performer in the subject line. My manager wants me to start calling individual journalists and asking if they received my email if they haven't opened it. I'm afraid that this will just irritate people, as I figure that if they were interested in writing about it, they would open it. Like I said, I send releases weekly, not just just for special shows, but for whoever we have coming up. Any thoughts from those who work in newspapers, etc? I'd appreciate it!

Check out some similar questions!

How do you write a letter to a judge for early release from a work- release -program [ 3 Answers ]

Could you please help me in writing a letter to a judge for early release from a work release program

Writing a Press Release [ 9 Answers ]

Please can someone kindly write a press release template for me. I would like to release one for my business to create awareness of who we are and what we do, the services we provide e.t.c Not sure how to go about it.:confused: Thanks

My 2004 hondarv starts only if I press gas paddle and if I release gas paddle it shut [ 0 Answers ]

My 2004 hondarv starts only if I press gas paddle and if I release gas paddle it shuts off. Someone help me

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.