Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Aug 15, 2012, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I was looking at info on seizures in children - in the event that that's what this is - and there is a "chest alarm" which can be purchased which (from what read) sets off an alarm if there is no breathing during a preset period of time.

Wonder if that's a thought - ?
    I had one of these for my daughter. It had two diodes that stuck to her chest to track her heart beat and then something that went on her toe to track her oxygen. It would give a high pitch alarm when her breathing stopped or her heart beat dropped below a certain number. I guess the point of the high-pitch alarm was two fold:
    A) to alarm us.
    B) to startle my daughter out of her episode (which worked)

My insurance paid for this for the time she needed it so unfortunately I am unsure of where to get one or how much. I'm sure a Google search could find some. Definitely worth it knowing you can sleep without worrying about your daughter going into an episode and you not being aware. Kind of an inconvenience with the wires and battery and such but one I was more than willing to deal with considering the circumstances.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask about spells [ 2 Answers ]

I work in a hospital. Underneath the back steps we found a white round dish. In it were 3 whole coconuts, each with a black line around the circumference. One end of one coconut was burned. There was a candle holder in the middle, and in it was a partly burned white candle. There were other...

Salt water pool in-grond nellected for 6mo. Scale of sorts? [ 2 Answers ]

My e-mail >Removed< Robert How do I move the ph or alkainty dose eny one have a scale to follow

After 6mo. Of trying to "modify" our loan, they are now foreclosing on us? [ 2 Answers ]

I lost my job last May, and as soon as I did I called the our lender to apply for a loan modification, we filled out all the paperwork, and after 8 weeks called back they said they " LOST IT ALL" and had to re-apply.. so we did, they said to send what I could to keep it out of foreclosure and so we...

6mo Maltese Puppy training issues [ 5 Answers ]

I am almost banging my head against the wall over my purebred male, neutered Maltese who is 6 months old. I got him 6 weeks ago and he was already toilet trained. Since it rained about 10 days ago, he is now scared of the garden/grass - won't go anywhere near it even if you put treats/toys etc....

6mo old cockapoo will not poop outside [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My 6mo old cockapoo who is very , hypa will not poop outside.We could be out for 2 hours, and 5 minutes after we come in he poops in the house.He just started to pee out side in the last month, and lets us know when he has to go out to pee,but not poop.We have saved poops and brought them...

View more questions Search