Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allyd Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2012, 05:45 AM
    Singing at home embarrasses me?
    I've got nowhere private to go in my house to practise singing without my parents listening. It embarrasses me when they can hear me singing. The only place where I can practise is my bedroom, but my parents constantly come up and down the stairs and I fear that they will burst in my room and make remarks about my singing. I know this is a stupid idea and I have been dwelling on it for a while, but I wish I lived in a larger house, or mansion if you will, with many rooms and so that people can't hear what I'm doing. I can't even go out into the garden to sing as the neighbours will also hear me. I also can't afford proper singing lessons at the moment so that adds to my reluctance to sing freely at home. What's the alternative? I don't want to give up my singing, its my means of therapy and I enjoy doing it, just not when its within earshot of my parents. Should I tell them to give me some privacy when I sing? I would gladly appreciate your help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2012, 05:51 AM
    If you want to become a singer, get over it. People sing, and there is no privacy at home.
    There is no good answer except if you want to sing , then sing

If you can't even sing in front of family, how do you ever think you will sing in front of 100's of 1000's or more ?
    And even the best singers, have people who hate their singing, and will be negative about them.

So how many times this month have they burst into your room and said something about your singing ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2012, 06:46 AM
    I agree - how are you going to become a singer if you can't sing when other people are in the vicinity?

You want to live in a mansion? How old are you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to get into singing [ 16 Answers ]

Hey I really what to be a singer and that's all I can think of do you now of any ways to get to the singing business I would love to hear what you have to say... p.s want to be a singer really badly! :eek:

Husband embarrasses me. [ 2 Answers ]

My husband embarrasses by trashing me and our marriage on Facebook. I have only been married a few short months and on a few different occasions he has put on his Facebook that he made a mistake marrying me. Another was that you don't know someone until you live with them. I have said we need...

Singing [ 17 Answers ]

Hi! I am the best singer EVER!! I really need help on getting famous at this age. My camera broke and I can't post anything to YouTube. Everyone thinks I have a good voice. Friends, Family, Teachers, and more! I've preformed in front of thousands of people! Just a matter of fact I sang in front of...

Singing [ 2 Answers ]

How do you become a young singer without getting on american idol or america's got talent or a recorder? And one more question how did willow smith become a singer?

Is singing for me? [ 10 Answers ]

;)Hey, I have posted a lot of things on here about songwrighting but, now I would like to move on into singing. I've been told by my best friend that I suck but, by others that I'm good. I thought I'd try chior and see if that would help; it has in ways but, not like I hoped. I began to use my own...

View more questions Search