Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmusselman3 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2012, 01:53 PM
    English
    Ay ideas on writing a good Thesis about Pearl Harbor and the Twin Towers being alike but different? This is an expository essay... Compare and Contrast
    Thanks Peeps
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 13, 2012, 02:07 PM
    You start by telling us what you think... there's no sense in us stating the obvious.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 02:27 PM
    Same,
    Surprise attack
    Came from air attack.
    Talk about conspiracy
    Bought us into a war

Difference
    One was against military other against civilians
    One was by a organised military group, the other terrorist ( no defined enemy)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 02:28 PM
    Get two pieces of printer paper. Head one with Pearl Harbor, and the other with Twin Towers. Then fold each paper in half the long way. Draw a dark line down the middle. On one long side, write who, what, when, why, where, how, why. On the other long side, answer those questions. Then read what you wrote and compare and contrast.

Aug 13, 2012, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    same,
    surprise attack
    came from air attack.
    talk about conspiracy
    bought us into a war

difference
    one was against military other against civilians
    One was by a organised military group, the other terrorist ( no defined enemy)
    I like this FR_Chuck.

Aug 13, 2012, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    You start by telling us what you think... there's no sense in us stating the obvious.
    You know what, I just ask a simple question.
    I have decided this site is worthless. I did not ask you to state the obvious. I just ask a simple question about ideas.
    FR_Chuck did not come back with a smart answer. Thanks Chuck for your input... I like your suggestions...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dmusselman3 View Post
    You know what, I just ask a simple question.
    I have decided this site is worthless.
    Hey! What about MY idea??

Have you studied both events in school?

Aug 13, 2012, 02:58 PM
    I like this FR_Chuck.
    Can you tell me what I might be missing in this thesis?
    Even though 9/11 and Pearl Harbor happened more than sixty years apart, they are similar because of surprised attacks, the numerous loss of lives and the beginning of another war.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 03:01 PM
    Edited: "Even though 9/11 and Pearl Harbor happened fifty-six years apart, they are similar because each was caused by a surprise attack, each experienced numerous loss of lives, and each led to the beginning of another war."

Aug 13, 2012, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Get two pieces of printer paper. Head one with Pearl Harbor, and the other with Twin Towers. Then fold each paper in half the long way. Draw a dark line down the middle. On one long side, write who, what, when, why, where, how, why. On the other long side, answer those questions. Then read what you wrote and compare and contrast.

Thank You wonder girl, I did do this prior to asking the question.
    I just don't like the way some of these people respond. This is a HELP desk, not make some one look stupid desk... LOL I am not a dumb and don't like people coming off as if they are better... English teacher or not.

Aug 13, 2012, 03:09 PM
    Edited: "Even though 9/11 and Pearl Harbor happened fifty-six years apart, they are similar because each was caused by a surprise attack, each experienced numerous loss of lives, and each led to the beginning of another war."
    Thanks for the editing. I like this one better. :) that is all I ask...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 03:15 PM
    I just don't like the way some of these people respond. This is a HELP desk, not make some one look stupid desk..... LOL I am not a dumb and don't like people coming off as if they are better.... English teacher or not.
    Well, I was an English teacher, so don't tar us all with the same brush.

We get innumerable homework questions on this site. Both Joy and I have tried to help students and have gone the extra mile with them and then got dissed, never thanked, but those same students came back to ask more homework questions.

Tell me how cautious you would be after getting several years of that kind of treatment. The site rules also say we don't do homework, but will help you if we see you are trying hard to work something out. You left it vague enough with no input (and have the "over 60 years ago" wrong), so already responders are on the alert as to how much effort you are willing to put into this.

Instead of posting a thesis and asking if it is good, you used Fr_Chuck's information to write one. We don't know if you knew those details beforehand.

Aug 13, 2012, 03:30 PM
    I do NOT ask anyone to do my home work. I am very capable of doing it myself. I just ask a simple question, and her comeback was uncalled for. Maybe that is why she gets dissed.
    I did know the details of my thesis prior to asking. Maybe I need to read the policy here about how we are to go about asking for help. I don't believe it stated I needed to post my thesis first. This very same thing happened the first time I ever posted on here... I got dissed on because I didn't post my thesis first... AUTOMATICALLY, someone seems to think we are asking them to do the homework. I am sorry people put you guys through this, but this was not my intention. I just wanted some ideas... and I did like what FR_Chuck stated because it went hand in hand with my ALREADY prepared thesis... I will not visit this site again... Good Luck to you...

Aug 13, 2012, 03:38 PM
    Pearl Harbor attack was on December 7, 1941
    Sept. 9/11 happened on September 11, 2001
    2001-1941 = 60 years ago... You left it vague enough with no input (and have the "over 60 years ago" wrong),
    So I was right :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 03:41 PM
    Pearl Harbor attack was on December 7, 1941
    Sept. 9/11 happened on September 11, 2001
    2001-1941 = 60 years ago......You left it vague enough with no input (and have the "over 60 years ago" wrong),
    So I was right :)
    Just checking to see how invested you are in this. Good job! (But it wasn't "over" 60 years ago, was just under :D).
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 03:46 PM
    I do NOT ask anyone to do my home work. I am very capable of doing it myself. I just ask a simple question, and her comeback was uncalled for. Maybe that is why she gets dissed.
    I did know the details of my thesis prior to asking. Maybe I need to read the policy here about how we are to go about asking for help. I don't believe it stated I needed to post my thesis first. This very same thing happened the first time I ever posted on here.... I got dissed on because I didn't post my thesis first.... AUTOMATICALLY, someone seems to think we are asking them to do the homework. I am sorry people put you guys through this, but this was not my intention. I just wanted some ideas... and I did like what FR_Chuck stated because it went hand in hand with my ALREADY prepared thesis.... I will not visit this site again..... Good Luck to you....
    How would we know you know historical details and have a thesis unless you tell us? And yes, if you won't post some proof that you have done work on whatever project, we have no clue about your honesty and good intentions.

Now, tell me how you could have said your first post better so we wouldn't be discussing this.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 03:51 PM
    And we knew this how?

Aug 13, 2012, 03:59 PM
    Just checking to see how invested you are in this. Good job! (But it wasn't "over" 60 years ago, was just under :D).
    OK, you win.

Aug 13, 2012, 03:59 PM
    OK, you win.
    I just didn't word it right...
    :)

Aug 13, 2012, 04:02 PM
    Edited: "Even though 9/11 and Pearl Harbor happened just under sixty years apart, they are similar because each was caused by a surprise attack, each experienced numerous loss of lives, and each led to the beginning of another war."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

English [ 2 Answers ]

Can a pronoun such as she or he be used to describe a vehicle? For example,an aeroplane.Such as.. "Why isnt she flying today?" The she is in reference to the aeroplane.

Need ENGLISH manual not one that was translated from Chinese to English. [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a delstar 216, the manual is so incomplete in its instructions, need a proper ENGLISH one. Thanks, Linda Muir.

Non english letters on an english keyboard? [ 17 Answers ]

I would like to put these characters, or this picture, into my signature (it says Ayla) but since pictures are not allowed in signatures, how do I make these characters with an american keyboard, if its even possible? Or could someone make them into a text for me here on the thread, and I'm...

English Help [ 6 Answers ]

No problem can be solved by the same conscious that's created it. I'm kind of confused by the sentence above. Please help me with your knowledge. Q1. Does this sentence make sense? Q2. Is "conscious" usually used as a noun? Q3. Do we need to put "by" before "it" to make it sense. Q4. ...

View more questions Search