Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scared20 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2012, 12:49 PM
    I have mild cramping, Nausea on and off, and emotional
    Hi! I am 20 years old and my period is pretty regular. My fiancé and I have sex regularly and we do not use protection because I'm allergic to all condoms, and my doctors are afraid to put me on birth control. This month, I have had mild cramping in my lower tummy, my discharge is whitish clear and is more than usually is around my period, I am nauseous on and off, I'm more emotional than normal, and I have been having trouble sleeping on my tummy, which is the way I normally sleep. My period last month was on time but was more brown than red, it lasted five days but only two of them were kind of regular the rest were really really light almost non-existant. IDK if I'm pregnant, or if I am just late.
    WisperWill70 Posts: 277, Reputation: 84

Aug 13, 2012, 03:30 PM
    Periods should be regular on birth control pills, are you late? It is possible to get pregnant during oral contraception so talk to your doctor. Additionally, your symptoms could relate to hormonal shifts caused by your new oral contraceptive so talk to your doctor about what you've been experiencing because they may find a different brand or dosage to be more effective for you... and to be tested for pregnancy.

Also, periods may be spare and shortened on hormone therapy... you might experience lower flow, etc. - than prior to using birth control.

Aug 13, 2012, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WisperWill70 View Post
    Periods should be regular on birth control pills, are you late? It is possible to get pregnant during oral contraception so talk to your doctor. Additionally, your symptoms could relate to hormonal shifts caused by your new oral contraceptive so talk to your doctor about what you've been experiencing because they may find a different brand or dosage to be more effective for you ... and to be tested for pregnancy.

Also, periods may be spare and shortened on hormone therapy.... you might experience lower flow, etc. - than prior to using birth control.
    I am not on birth control. The doctors refuse to give it to me because they are afraid it will make me sick, very sick
    WisperWill70 Posts: 277, Reputation: 84

Aug 13, 2012, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scared20 View Post
    I am not on birth control. the doctors refuse to give it to me because they are afraid it will make me sick, very sick
    See your doctor to investigate the cause of those abnormal symptoms and test you for pregnancy (spotting can happen during pregnancy).
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WisperWill70 View Post
    Periods should be regular on birth control pills, are you late? It is possible to get pregnant during oral contraception so talk to your doctor. Additionally, your symptoms could relate to hormonal shifts caused by your new oral contraceptive so talk to your doctor about what you've been experiencing because they may find a different brand or dosage to be more effective for you ... and to be tested for pregnancy.

Also, periods may be spare and shortened on hormone therapy.... you might experience lower flow, etc. - than prior to using birth control.
    Will, the OP is not on any form of birth control.

Aug 18, 2012, 09:49 PM
    The cramping stopped, but now I feel like I'm burning up all the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mild bleeding and on and off cramping what could going on [ 0 Answers ]

I took two test to see if we are going to have a baby and both of them came back saying we are so now I'm light bleeding and on and off cramping dose any one know what I should be doing wait it out or go to the hospital??

Recurring Mild Nausea [ 1 Answers ]

Recently (last two weeks or so), I've been getting mild stomachaches that resemble being nauseous. Sometimes they occur and disappear quite a few times a day, sometimes just one or two. I'm a fourteen year old female, and there is absolutely no chance I'm pregnant, so don't say that might be it....

Mild cramping [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Rachel. Recently, I have been experiencing mild cramping but no period. My period was due sometime between last week and today. I have been getting slight dizziness, fatigue to the point of weakness, intense hunger, a hollow feeling in my stomach. My breasts feel slightly heavier but...

I have mild cramping and discharge as if I am about to get my period? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok well firstly, THANK YOU for any and all the answers, it is sooo appreciated! To begin, my periods are irregular. I took Plan B morning after pill on January 30, my period came February 5th.. Then my period came exactly 1 month later on March 5th, which NEVER happens because my periods are...

Mild period,headache,nausea,dizzy [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I am very new to this. Me and my husband are trying to have a baby since 2 years. I was diagnosed as PCOS. My last normal period was on Oct 25,2007 and I had some cramps and a brownish discharge for 1 1/2 days on Dec 2007. After that I feel very tired. I did 3 urine pregnancy test which...

View more questions Search