Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doris12sewing Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2012, 11:11 AM
    Want price quote for waxing &strippin of restrooms.
    I would like to know the best way to come up with a good quote for a smaa business that would like their restrooms stripped and waxed, and they also have two other small areas like breakrooms that needs to be done could you help we are just started with our business. Thank you Doris
    doris12sewing Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2012, 11:14 AM
    We would like to get a quick answer if possible a quote on stripping & waxing small tile floors in a restroom/break area also Thank you Doris
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 11:24 AM
    Hi Doris,

Are the floors regular VCT? Is it sheet or squares?

Do you know how to strip and refinish (wax) VCT floors? If not it can be a fiasco if it isn't done correctly.

How much old wax is already on the floors matters if there is a lot it will take longer to remove correctly.

Make sure that all the old wax is completely removed from all the floors and baseboards. Apply one thin coat at a time and let each coat dry completely, careful not to make bubbles or 'waves.' Put at least 3 coats (possibly 4) of wax down remember to allow each to completely dry before applying the next.

Wax in washrooms is not usually a good idea as urine will destroy it around the toilet or urinals.

Taking for granted that there is a lot of old wax to remove I would charge $0.27 per square foot. Pricing, as always, is your decision in the end.

Make sure that the floors are completely dry before walking on them or putting anything else down on them.

One of the most important things though is making sure that the stripper and old wax is completely removed and the floor is dry before applying the new wax coats.

Good luck,

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Price for labor for striping n waxing floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm from Texas I need to know how much to charge only for the labor for a striping and waxing floor the company is getting all the supplys to get the job done I just need to get the people to do the job who much would I charge for this kind of job

Price on stripping and waxing [ 0 Answers ]

I have 21,000 sq. ft. to strip and wax with 4 workers and I need price for the job. Can anybody help me out?

How to price a bid on a job stripping, waxing & buffing floor [ 4 Answers ]

I'm starting to work with a commercial cleaning company that has been dong subcontracting cleaning work for years. We want to submit our own bids for cleaning but do not know how to price a bid. Right now we would like help for bidding on a job stripping, waxing and buffing about 3000 sq ft once a...

Price for striping and waxing. [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to charge a striping/waxing job: -Once striping /waxing, not recurring service. -Everything on me(Moving tables/chairs/file cabinets); -Around 11 thousand sf area(Classroom and hallways); -All supplies on me,(Three coats to be applied) _Two days to get it done.(Boston...

Price quote [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'd to know if anyone knows the cost of 500' 2/0 aluminum wire.

View more questions Search