Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheFittest1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2012, 10:19 AM
    Hair Follicle Test with light use
    I smoked 2 blunts with 4 other people about 3 weeks ago. This was the first and only time I've smoked since about 5 years ago. I have a hair follicle test that I have to take in 2 weeks. So it will be 5 weeks total between. I have dreadlocks, if this affects anything. What do I need to do to pass this?

Aug 13, 2012, 10:33 AM
    I should add that I haven't smoked since my hair has been growing besides the aforementioned time. I smoked 3 weeks ago and prior to that, 5 years ago. And my hair has been growing for about 4 years.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2012, 10:35 AM
    Probably nothing nor is there anything I know of that you could do.

On the other hand the chance that the use would be detectable in a hair test is extremely remote. Usually requires continued and repeated use to show up on hair test.

Aug 13, 2012, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    Probably nothing nor is there anything I know of that you could do.

On the other hand the chance that the use would be detectable in a hair test is extremely remote. Usually requires continued and repeated use to show up on hair test.

So, none of these washes or other methods would be useful? I've read a lot of your posts about this, and I just wanted to make it specific to my situation to be sure. According to what you've said, it sounds like I'll be fine, but I can't help still being worried. Also, I have to take a urine test. Should I do anything to help this? Or do I need to?
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2012, 11:06 AM
    I am probably the wrong guy to ask about the detox products. In theory they should work but everything I read says they don't.

Really don't think it is relevant in your case.

Your long absence from use ensures that you won't have any build-up of THC in your system so the urine screen isn't a problem.

The length of time your hair has been growing is a little troubling.

Aug 13, 2012, 11:59 AM
    I am probably the wrong guy to ask about the detox products. In theory they should work but everything I read says they don't.

Really don't think it is relevant in your case.

Your long absence from use ensures that you won't have any build-up of THC in your system so the urine screen isn't a problem.

The length of time your hair has been growing is a little troubling.
    So should I cut my hair? Because the only time I smoked while it was growing was the one time 3 weeks ago. And even in the time before it was growing, I didn't smoke all that often.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2012, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFittest1 View Post
    So should I cut my hair? Because the only time I smoked while it was growing was the one time 3 weeks ago. And even in the time before it was growing, I didn't smoke all that often.
    No, if all the growth is after you stopped smoking then there is no danger.

Aug 13, 2012, 12:06 PM
    No, if all the growth is after you stopped smoking then there is no danger.
    Right.. Thanks a lot, man. I appreciate your time and knowledge.
    drewbaby1414 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 06:37 PM
    Hi Doc,

Recovering addict with 3 years clean until I relapsed on Nov. 3rd in a big way. My addiction has always been with pain pills but I tried Heroin on Nov 3rd because I'm an addict.

Here is the question: I did heroin on Nov 3rd. It was a half CC of I don't know. The guy who gave it to me told me it was a weak dose or what he would call half a hit. I also took three Loratab 10's on the 4th. I've been clean since then and have started hitting my NA meetings after 1 year of not going.

I have a possible hair follicle test coming on Nov. 28th in a child custody case. I know THC is not very detectable but I don't know if opiates/single use of heroin will show up on the test... I'm just an idiot.

I don't know... I've read bleaching your hair/re-dye will lower concentration levels but I just need some oppionion as to what you think my chances are... Being dumb like I am I guess I deserve what I get.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair follicle test [ 11 Answers ]

Took a pre-employment drug test last Wednesday. No word yet! My ONLY concern is that I took some concerta (un-prescribed, yes I know bad bad bad, but I am an undiagnosed ADD and was about to receive my diagnosis on paper when my insurance ran out) I tried my friends to see if it would bring me...

Hair follicle test [ 5 Answers ]

Hair follicle test- I am currently trying to get another job and ii know they give hair follicle tests. I probably won't have to take the test for another two to three weeks. About three weeks ago I smoked marijuana with a friend. Just took a couple of pulls off a one-hitter. That is it. I...

Hair follicle test for little use [ 2 Answers ]

I'm so worried about the hair follicle test I just took. I went in thinking it was a urine test, which I would have passed easily, but it ended up being a hair follicle test. They cut a ton of my hair off & I just smoked marijuana exactly 2 weeks ago, then 1 other time about 3 weeks ago, & another...

Hair follicle test [ 4 Answers ]

I never smoked until recently in the month of April like 2 times.. Took my test may 7th , what is the chances of it showing in my hair ? Ps didn't smoke a whole blunt like 2-3 pulls

Hair Follicle Test [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering about hair follicle tests. If you are in the same room as someone smoking marijuana, crack or meth, could you come up positive on the test? If so would it have to be the same day, without washing your hair? If you washed your hair wouldn't it come out and show clean, or could it...

View more questions Search