Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jvalentine1048 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2012, 08:50 AM
    I have an issue with a not dripping,but a running tub faucet. How to fix this issue ?
    My name is Joey ,I have a faucet for my tub that is running , not just dripping . It's a three handle set up which consists of Hot + Shower diverter valve + Cold. The assembly is made by Gerber from what I can see . How or what can be done to fix this issue , killing my water bill.. I really do not want to tear the wall out just yet if I don't have to !
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2012, 01:52 PM
    Hi joey
    Welcome to AMHD.

Hot or cold water?

Shut water off to house and remove knob.

Remove spindle(may need a special socket type tool) and replace washer. Check the seat by putting finger in hole and feel if smooth. If not then the seat will have to be replaced also. This also takes a special tool.

After doing these things put back together. Don't have pic of tools. Maybe one of the plumbers will come by a post a pic.

Chuck
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 14, 2012, 05:45 AM
    A great solution by Chuck.
    Here's a diagram that may help. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dripping tub faucet [ 2 Answers ]

How do I fix a dripping tub faucet. I have the faucet apart a couple of time but not the guts of it?

How do I fix a dripping bathroom faucet? [ 6 Answers ]

Bathroom faucet leaks. What's the best way to fix it?

After shutting off the main line to fix a faucet, another faucet started running slow [ 3 Answers ]

I shut off the main line to fix the tub faucet. When I turned the main line back on the sink, in the same bathroom, had low water pressure. This wasn't the case prior to the job. It's very cold now so I thought perhaps a water line was frozen, however, every other faucet in the house is running...

Dripping Tub Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

ballengerb1 Not sure if I am replying right but the cam which went into the sleeve insert was greased when I purchased it and then was inserted into the cartridge, which was not greased. Would this make a difference? Is there anything to do if the valve body has nicks or scratches? Thanks for...

Dripping Tub Faucet [ 3 Answers ]

My bathtub faucet was dripping so I changed out the cartridge. It still continues to drip. I did notice that when I turned off the cold water completely it still dripped the same amount. Does anyone have any possible solutions?

View more questions Search