Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3197 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2012, 06:33 AM
    How do I do a wired loan from a foreign country
    I live in south africa do I need to pay in any money in advance before I can receive the loan and are there any laws that I need to follow?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2012, 07:28 AM
    Paying a loan in advance to someone in a different country??

Why do I get the feeling you are about to get scammed?

Aug 13, 2012, 11:40 PM
    Is this how loans applications are done abroad?
    I applied for a loan awith the loan firm called Our lady of Lourdes Finance Loan Firm and so far I have paid over R2000.00,as they insisted that I need to for things like :(1) interpol for verification and stamping, and the fee they are asking for is the sum of 200usd, (2) STOP REFLECTION ORDER by the office of the FBI for clearance , and the fee for the clearance is the sum of 300usd ,(3) your loan is still been held by the office of the internal affiars, for the sum of 230usd for the clearance of your by their agency, (4) the transfer have been given a STOP ORDER BY THE OFFICE OF THE UNITED NATION ANTI--AFRUD ORGANIZATION for clearance and the fee fotr the clearance is the sum of 250usd,
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 13, 2012, 11:54 PM
    You have been well and truly SCAMMED!!

Aug 15, 2012, 12:54 AM
    You are right this was nothing but a scam.It sad that you go to some people for help and they scam you
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2012, 04:32 AM
    Good rule of thumb to live by. If it sounds too good to be true... then it is.

As a rule, International banking and International loans are not something the poor or average person would dabble in.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2012, 05:49 AM
    There is a slight fee for international wire transfers ( depending on the bank) Some banks have varioius agreements.

There are not fees up front but wire transfer fees would merely be held out of the money given to send. As you realise now, it was a scam.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Money received in foreign country in foreign bank account [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, 1. If I receive money from my father as a gift in Indian in my Indian Bank Account,will it be considered as income and does it need to be reported to IRS as a taxable income?The amount is less than 30k USD. 2. Sometimes I send money to my parents account in India(I do not have...

Buying a property using money wired from foreign person [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My mother (not a US citizen) sent me (an H1B - a legal resident of US) $110k to purchase a property which will be used as my primary residence. Is there a tax consequences for this? Do I just need to fill out form 3520 and that's it?

Marriage In a Foreign Country [ 28 Answers ]

I am going to the Dominican Republic this summer to marry and bring my future husband back to the US. The thing is, what papers would we need, how much would it cost, and would it make more sense to get a temporary visa for him in case the marriage doesn't work out? The only way he said he could...

Is there tax deduction for home loan in other country for property in that country? [ 6 Answers ]

If a person is carrying a home loan in some other country (outside US) for some property in that country is there any tax relief/deduction from IRS for such person ?

Inheritance From Foreign Country [ 1 Answers ]

Long, lost family member died in 2002 in Malaysia. I am sole surviving heir. After paying for services rendered in Malaysia for transferring the estate to me, my net gain expected to be $1.4MM. Since only $1MM is excluded from inheritance or income taxes on deaths occurring in 2002, what...

View more questions Search