Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phadie0h Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Aug 13, 2012, 04:44 AM
    Suicidal and possible mental illnesss (prefer psychiatric experience )
    I am a extremely suicidal 17 year old... I have been committed before for a suicide attempt.. have also tried jumping off escarpment but was stopped by police...

But over the past few months I've been getting worse
    Extreme homicidal thoughts
    Increased sexual drive
    Reckless behavior
    Lack of emotions(have been unable to feel empathy of sympathy for things most people would
    I have an extremely aggressive imagination(constantly day dreaming,beyond self control
    Obsessive compulsive thoughts (certain things get stuck in my head and I can't stop picturing them or thinking about them even if I don't want to
    For example the other day a girl bumped my shoulder and all I could think about was beating her down like the thought was driving me crazy all day I could hardly concentrate
    I'm, a extreme cutter ( I don't feel the pain when cutting anymore so I just go deeper but it makes no difference
    Also could POSSIBLY be having auditory hallucinations (hearing high pitch buzzing noises, and sometimes I thinks other peoples voice

Could anyone give me some ideas of possible things that could be wrong with me??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 05:09 AM
    It means you are still rational enough to know you need help. At this point you get yourself committed and get professional help.

Names of illness are really meaningless, I could throw out several, esp reading your other posts of criminal activity, your record of arrests, your carrying weapons and more.

Aug 13, 2012, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    it means you are still rational enough to know you need help. At this point you get your self committed and get professional help.

Names of illness are really meaningless, I could throw out several, esp reading your other posts of criminal activity, your record of arrests, your carrying weapons and more.
    That was EXTREMELY unhelpful... thanks for your input its appreciated but it does matter to me what's wrong because once I know what's wrong I can work on fixing it... ive just had a loss of control for so long.. that I'm really trying to grasp everything.. just cause I'm rashinol now don't mean I will be when I have anthor episode.. thats what scares me the most
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 05:19 AM
    You say you have been committed before. Have you been prescribed any meds?

Aug 13, 2012, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    You say you have been committed before. Have you been prescribed any meds?
    Yea first Zoloft but that gave me jitters and tremors then I switch to celexa then they switched me to prozac.. and I was on anti-psychotics but I stopped that all two months ago but I was on these meds through out a year
    Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 05:49 AM
    Why did you stop taking them?

Aug 13, 2012, 05:57 AM
    Why did you stop taking them?
    Its wasn't helping I guess... and I thought they were making me numb but after I stopped the numbness never went away (not phsyically numb.. emotionally)

If that makes any sense
    I guess I'm just sick of living this way .I beat up most my friends . Tried to really really hurt one so now I'm just kind of alone .and hopelesss and I want it to stop
    Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 06:00 AM
    If you want it to stop, you have to get back on your meds. Talk to your psychiatrist about a med change.

Aug 13, 2012, 09:03 PM
    If you want it to stop, you have to get back on your meds. Talk to your psychiatrist about a med change.
    Naw its not like that unno forget it
    Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 09:09 PM
    Yes, it is like that. You are obviously a danger to others, if not yourself.

You have a choice, go back on the meds, or... in the worst case scenario be committed to a hospital in the psychiatric forensic unit.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 13, 2012, 09:15 PM
    Puzzling, because usually you would be told your diagnosis. In the US anyway.
    I'd guess bipolar if you feel a need for one.
    Many diagnoses overlap, and many doctors diagnose by what meds work, when there are blurred line between conditions such as bipolar and schizophrenia.
    Mania can show as aggression rather than flying high and being exuberant.
    Have you ever been tested for temporal lobe epilepsy?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

An old horror movie about psychiatric hospital [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, Been trying to find a movie, but can't remember the film title! The whole scene is in psychiatric hospital . The mental hospital is managed by the chief very successfully,it seems it has been managed for generations.The chief uses his own theory to cure his patients and is well known...

Need help... baker act psychiatric situation... [ 20 Answers ]

My family uses the whole psychiatric mental health thing to control me. I'm an adult, but they have done a doozy on me for many years--had me wrongly diagnosed... had me locked up-- they can do this because one is a doctor and it's their way of controlling me... in a pretty cruel way. It has been...

Experience? Does my previous work count as actual bookkeeping experience? [ 10 Answers ]

I have done work that required , I kept all records for a friends pharmacy delivery company mileage, orders,submitting this info for payment from company's and reconciling company's statements with her stubs to make sure she was paid correctly for all work she did. Also did similar work for a...

Psychiatric Thriller-Can't remember Title [ 4 Answers ]

I cannot remember the name of this movie for the life of me, nor any of the actors (there were no big hollywood types in it). Anyway this is what I remember. There's this girl, and she's a nurse at a psychiatric facility, and she's trying to help this guy. I don't remember everything that goes on,...

What rights does a minor have in a psychiatric evaluation? [ 4 Answers ]

I am seeking a second opinion on Tuesday via psychiatric evaluation. The high school wants to see another opinion on if I should be allowed in regular classes. You know why they want to isolate me? Because almost a year ago, I attempted suicide. Apparently, that makes me a ing terrorist. ...

View more questions Search