Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Realtalkink Posts: 20, Reputation: -1

Aug 12, 2012, 10:14 AM
    How do I start
    Fresh out of high school and no idea what to do. How did you get started and what advice do you have
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 12, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Are you good at anything in particular -- tinkering with cars or building things? Probably the best thing to do is get a job doing SOMEthing--work at a fast-food restaurant or regular one, even just washing dishes. Or shelve books at a library. Or stocking shelves at a store. That will lead you to other jobs.

My son graduated from h.s. and started shelving books at a library. He is still at that library 21 years later and has expanded his duties into a nice career.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2012, 10:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtalkink View Post
    Fresh out of high school and no idea what to do. How did you get started and what advice do you have

Being more mature might be helpful - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/marria...ly-689441.html

Aug 12, 2012, 04:31 PM
    Thanks for the info...

Aug 12, 2012, 04:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Are you good at anything in particular -- tinkering with cars or building things? Probably the best thing to do is get a job doing SOMEthing--work at a fast-food restaurant or regular one, even just washing dishes. Or shelve books at a library. Or stocking shelves at a store. That will lead you to other jobs.

My son graduated from h.s. and started shelving books at a library. He is still at that library 21 years later and has expanded his duties into a nice career.
    THANKS that's actually very helpful
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2012, 05:17 PM
    Ok after reading your other posts, perhaps fast food service may be for you at this point.

But you go from place to place to place, apply 5 to 10 places very day. Talk to friends you have that work at various places see if they can help you. Find if family or family friends work somewhere that can help you

Aug 12, 2012, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Ok after reading your other posts, perhaps fast food service may be for you at this point.

But you go from place to place to place, apply 5 to 10 places very day. Talk to friends you have that work at various places see if they can help you. Find if family or family friends work somewhere that can help you
    Well... Considering my 4.0 gpa, I don't think fast food services would really fit.
    I just had trouble deciding how to start a career or what I wanted to do, but thanks.
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2012, 05:34 PM
    Well... Considering my 4.0 gpa, i dont think fast food services would really fit.
    I just had trouble deciding how to start a career or what i wanted to do, but thanks.

You had a 4.0 in high school? Is that what you are saying?

You wait until AFTER you graduated to choose a career and select a college or trade school?

Sorry, but I'm having problems believing you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2012, 05:53 PM
    Perhaps you are just on here to be silly, but your answers on other questions, your writing style and sentence usage is far from a 4.0 grade average,

But if it is, guess what, that 4.0 plus a dollar still will not get you a soda in most stores. The 4.0 can help some in getting into a college, won't help a bit in the real world, finding a job. Your GPA is not even asked for on job applications.

And a person fresh out of high school, has limited job choices anyway. And a fast food is not really that bad, and in a bit can even get some limited management chance.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 12, 2012, 05:57 PM
    Yes, fast food or shelving books at the library or whatever. Always work with cheerfulness and accuracy and good speed so your supervisor will want to give you a raise and promote you.

Aug 12, 2012, 06:22 PM
    Im sorry that I'm not grandiloquently speaking in every post that I make, mostly because answering questions on this site are a way to pass time not a profession. Also I haven't told you anything about my situation so making assumptions that I did not prepare at all in 4 years is simply ignorant. Finally don't call me immature when you have spent this much time making " offensive" replys when you have a marriage problem. No offense
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2012, 04:20 AM
    Im sorry that im not grandiloquently speaking in every post that i make, mostly because answering questions on this site are a way to pass time not a profession. Also i havent told you anything about my situation so making assumptions that i did not prepare at all in 4 years is simply ignorant. Finaly dont call me immature when you have spent this much time making " offensive" replys when you have a marriage problem. No offense

I realize it is possible that English is not your first language. For the third time I am NOT the person who asked the "marriage" question. I AM one of the people who answered it. Again, it is/was NOT a question I posted. Perhaps reading it yet again will help clarify that for you.

You absolutely ignored (or didn't understand) the question and then minimized the OP's concern. In fact, it appears you still don't understand the question.

No one is here answering questions as a profession. We're all volunteers.

I find it remarkable that someone with a 4.0 isn't getting a scholarship ride.

And I disagree in one respect - I think you do post in a pompous manner for no reason I can determine.

Aug 13, 2012, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I realize it is possible that English is not your first language. For the third time I am NOT the person who asked the "marriage" question. I AM one of the people who answered it. Again, it is/was NOT a question I posted. Perhaps reading it yet again will help clarify that for you.

You absolutely ignored (or didn't understand) the question and then minimized the OP's concern. In fact, it appears you still don't understand the question.

No one is here answering questions as a profession. We're all volunteers.

I find it remarkable that someone with a 4.0 isn't getting a scholarship ride.

And I disagree in one respect - I think you do post in a pompous manner for no reason I can determine.
    Haha well I guess you make at least one good point I don't really care much about this website or about others problems and you still fail to understand I haven't told you anything about my life accept my gpa the question was only out of curiosity, I only wanted to know how others started their careers. The only reason I'm still arguing with you is because I find it pretty funny so yes to the previous post, I am just being silly. Finally you should stop making assumptions of who I am, just because I'm smart doesn't mean I'm going to brag about it on the internet to peopl I don't know or in your case, try to hard on a fairly unpopular website, besides if we all judged people we never met id assume you were some stuck up "geek" with such a dull lifestyle that you spend countless of hours on the internet.

Sincerely,
    Guy with 4.0

Ps. Can't wait to see your reply
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 09:11 AM
    Oh, c'mon, realtalkink, let's stop scrapping with Judy and get back to business.

Are you willing to reveal in which country you are? That will help me help you with job hunting and future career ideas.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 09:14 AM
    Due to the badgering nature of the OP, this thread is now closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Won't start-deck engage switch is causing it to start or not start [ 0 Answers ]

I must engage deck plunger several times to get the tractor to start sometimes it never starts 1 year old-aprill 2011

Kenmore electric dryer won't start; timer clicks but drum doesn't start turning [ 2 Answers ]

I used an ohmeter to check start button, thermal fuse, timer, thermostats and they all check out OK. I'm afraid it's the motor and don't know how to get to it to test with ohmeter.

Tried to start my troy bilt TB90BC weed eater, and it won't start. Replaced the spark [ 0 Answers ]

Tried to start my troy bilt TB90BC weed eater, and it won't start. Replaced the spark plug, and checked for spark; have a little, but some. Cleaned out carburetor and put it all together the same way it come apart, but prior to this fuel was flowing out of the muffler after priming and pulling cord...

2009 snowblower.won't start w/elec.start.the rope pull won't reciol. What do I do [ 2 Answers ]

Have 1 yr. old sears snowblower.oil good,gas full.rope is stuck,won't recoil,have it hanging on handle.tried elec.start.sounds like it wants to start but won't.is it because rope pull won't coil back into place or something else.under warranty but I have to bring it to sears.no truck.please...

View more questions Search