Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fhsguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 09:24 AM
    Garage door won't open
    The door will open, but only if I help it along.. If not it makes a terrible noise, and just sits there . Like it's stripped. But if I unhook the door, the bracket goes up and down, just fine. The weight of the door, seems to be to heavy all of a suden.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2012, 04:29 AM
    It sounds like the door spring is broken. See this site for some good info.

Be careful!
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage Door will not open. [ 2 Answers ]

Have a Liftmaster 1/2 hp garage door opener by Chamberlain, model number 1265LM. My problem is that the door will not open all the way. Sometimes it opens a 1/4 inch, sometimes it will open 3 feet. It will take 10-30 tries before it opens all the way. The door opens fine while operating manually,...

Light on Craftsman Garage Door Open will not turn OFF, when Open. [ 8 Answers ]

I purchase a new Craftsmang ½ hp Garage Door Open and found out in the Problem Section that if I have the door open and cross the safety sensor beams the light will turn ON automaticlly. I hate this feature because my kids constatnly run in and out of the garage door when it is open, so the light...

Garage door opener remote won't open the door [ 1 Answers ]

My remote won't open the garage door. Wall mount will open the door, but continues to blink. Suggestions

Garage door open by itself [ 11 Answers ]

Dear expert: Recently my garage door has some problem. Sometimes after I pressed the remote to close the garage door, it opened again by itself. I tried to buy another new remote control, but it happened again. But this would not happen if I used the wall-mount unit. Does anyone have any idea...

Garage Door Won't Open [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I'm locked out of my garage. My remote is in my car inside the garage, and my code will not work on the keypad. It was working yesterday but it just stopped today. I have changed the battery, and tried resetting a temporary password. These things do not wok. It is a Craftsman model...

View more questions Search