Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JRAMANUJAM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 12:04 AM
    Helpline telephone number to save daughter-in-laws from mother-in-laws torture
    I got my daughter last June 19, 2011 to one Mr Shankar of same religion. He is the only son to his parents. They are living in Delhi. Mother-in-law is torturing my daughter by wounding words. When she complaints to her husband he is not listening to my daughters complaint.

Though her husband is not favouring his mother's attitude, he is not asking his mother why you are doing like this. Hence, his mother also taking advatage of that.

I am living in Muscat. Everyday my daughter calling and crying me and asking me take her back to my home.

What is the legal solution?

Kindly help me.

Regards
    J Ramanujam
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 12, 2012, 02:09 AM
    I know for certain that this must be horrendous verbal abuse and it must make you feel helpless. However, there is no help line for your daughter; your daughter has to end it herself by standing up for her rights as another woman in the house. Once she has a child it will stop, but she has to help herself, you must tell her this.

I don't know the situation of separation or divorce in your country but if that is possible, then it is an option.

I guess the son works out of the house every day so he can just walk away from it; he is afraid to come up against his mother to tell her to stop, he is spineless.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 12, 2012, 04:38 AM
    Is your religion Hindu?
    The Hindu Marriage Act does allow for separation if a spouse is unhappy, but she has to present proof.
    There are grounds for divorce for 'cruelty' (I don't know if this would be applicable in the case of the mother in law). Divorce cannot be applied for in the first year of marriage.

It must be difficult to know what is really happening. Could you arrange a meeting of the families?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daughter in-laws acts distant to mother-in-law after first baby is born [ 17 Answers ]

This is for my sister who is a new and first-time grandmother to a darling baby girl - 4 ths old now. She has always had a great relationship with her dauhter -in-law and especially while her daughter in-law was pregnant. Daughter -in-laws parents live out of state so all her family is her...

International marriage and divorce laws in regard to american laws [ 3 Answers ]

Dateline: U.S. resident from panama in national guard gets stationed in panama and gets married U.S. resident comes back from panama (without wife cause she does not want to leave her country) U.S. resident becomes a naturalized citizen of U. S. Naturalized U. S. citizen gets american...

Daughter-in-laws problems [ 9 Answers ]

My DIL and her family have consumed my son. Vacation time is totally devoted to her European family -- visits from them, trips to there. I am squeezed in with phone conversations from my son, none from DIL. No acceptance of gifts, emails, return calls etc From DIL. She is truly building no...

California car sales laws-smog laws [ 1 Answers ]

If I sell a currently registered vehicle in California and write on the bill of sale as is buyer responsible for smog, am I still responsible if it fails smog

My Future mother-in-Laws attire! [ 7 Answers ]

I am getting married in September, and my Bridesmaids dresses are apple red,My Mother will more than likely wear a champagne color, But my future mother-in-law, will just not corporate with me. So what colors do you think would look good with Apple red dresses for Mother of the groom? I would like...

View more questions Search