Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carol_15 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2012, 10:11 AM
    Am I having a boy or girl?
    This is my first pregnancy I am 2 months and 3 weeks and I am already dying to know what I'm having I crave a lot of sweets and I throw up a lot some days I don't and some days I do. I have not yet started showing but by what I have been reading articles of either it being a boy or girl I feel like I'm going to have a girl I may be wrong but can you guys help me out? :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2012, 10:16 AM
    I felt like I was expecting girls during both of my pregnancies. My doctors even agreed based on how I was feeling and how I was carrying. I even picked out girls' names and people started giving me gifts that were pink.

My children's names are Daniel and Jeremy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 11, 2012, 10:25 AM
    Ok, you have to follow these instructions perfectly for this to work.

1. You get some Kosher salt that is glandular and grind it into fine dust
    2. place it in a perfect circle around your bed.
    3. Have a virgin ( OK hard to find some places) hold a fresh peach branch above your stomach suspended by a string
    4. now you watch very close which way the twig will turn.
    5 and the most important, you have your doctor do a ultrasound to determine what it is
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2012, 10:30 AM
    Fr_Chuck, her wedding ring tied onto a length of white yarn and dangled over her pregnant stomach will work too. I think a tractor cog instead of a ring will also work. If the object swings up and down the length of her body, it will be a boy, and if it swings side to side, it will be a girl. Or maybe just the opposite--can't remember. Or maybe it was clockwise and counterclockwise...

Aug 11, 2012, 10:33 AM
    & How will I know the gender is there a specific way it will go for either a boy or a girl?

Aug 11, 2012, 10:36 AM
    Im sorry I didn't read the other half of what you wrote but thank you:)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2012, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by carol_15 View Post
    & How will i know the gender is there a specific way it will go for either a boy or a girl?
    An ultrasound MIGHT show you (if the baby is in a good position and mature enough) or an amniocentesis (for sex of the baby it's a special test that is very expensive).

Actually, it's more fun just to wait and be surprised.

Aug 11, 2012, 10:48 AM
    Im sorry I didn't read the other half of what you wrote but thank you:)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2012, 10:52 AM
    I had added more as an afterthought, so it probably wasn't all there the first time you read my answer.

There are lots of cute clothes that are not boy or girl specific, so just be healthy and relaxed during your pregnancy and don't be too concerned about gender of the baby.

Be sure to take labor and birthing classes to learn how to relax and breathe during contractions. I had one baby without classes and one with - the difference in handling contractions was amazing!
    Good ol Granny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2012, 10:54 AM
    From the info you posted, I believe it's a girl. Just going on my past experiences'
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Aug 11, 2012, 02:43 PM
    Hmmm... the great spirits are telling me... it's going to a boy... or a girl. Close enough for you?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 11, 2012, 02:49 PM
    What about twins ?

Wedding ring, that is what I was thinking of, the peach branch was really what they said use for a "divining rod" to find water so I combined the two for my story,
    That was the old tale they told when my first wife was pregnant with our first child. It was 100 percent wrong.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Aug 11, 2012, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    What about twins ?

Wedding ring, that is what I was thinking of, the peach branch was really what they said use for a "divining rod" to find water so I combined the two for my story,
    that was the old tale they told when my first wife was pregnant with our first child. it was 100 percent wrong.

Ahhh.. so what you are saying is... do all of that, then it'll be the OPPOSITE of what it is supposed to be?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2012, 04:30 PM
    If the ring swings aimlessly to and fro, back and forth, spins around wildly, then it will be twins.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A girl accepted a boy, but loving another boy. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I loved a girl from my11th standard. And she accepted my love when I am doing my college and in my second year. Due to some problem, she did not speak with me for 1.5 year. At that time she thought I am not any more, and accepted another boy. Now she realised my love, and came back....

If a boy come and ask about the girl whom the girl is loving a boy? [ 3 Answers ]

If a boy come and ask about the girl whom the girl is loving a boy

Boy meets girl, girl has boyfriend. Girl cheats with Boy then Girl breaks up with boyfriend. Lost? [ 2 Answers ]

I met this girl last May after I had gone through a bad breakup myself, but I knew I wasn't ready and even though every fibre of my being wanted to be with her I restrained myself. She is a lovely soul upbeat and we had so much in common: cheesy, smart, good senses of humor, open hearted, etc We...

Boy meets girl. Boy falls for her. Girl has boyfriend. Boy is lost. [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all. Thanks for being here. I will try to explain my situation briefly. Hope you have the time to read and reply. I'm 23, virgin and never have kissed a girl. Been to worried about my professional life until now. Three months ago I've met a beautiful girl at university (project partner)...

View more questions Search