Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UncloudedEyes Posts: 47, Reputation: 0

Aug 11, 2012, 09:57 AM
    Baby Rats-Weaning
    Is it normal for baby rats to drink from their mother after three weeks still, even though they eat and drink water? Now that they can eat and drink, do I separate them so they stop drinking from the mother?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 11, 2012, 10:00 AM
    The 'pups' (proper name for baby rats) will be completely weaned at four weeks; what you are seeing right now is just about normal for their development, eating anything that comes their way, drinking water and still nursing.
    UncloudedEyes Posts: 47, Reputation: 0

Aug 11, 2012, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    The 'pups' (proper name for baby rats) will be completely weaned at four weeks; what you are seeing right now is just about normal for their development, eating anything that comes their way, drinking water and still nursing.
    Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm wondering is it possible to overfeed a baby when weaning. [ 6 Answers ]

We have started weaning our 4 and a half month old and she is loving it but seems to want to eat an awful lot.We are feeding her twice a day quarter of mashed banana for lunch and then 1 tablespoon of baby rice for dinner.Is this too much?and are we feeding to often,should it only be once a day.Can...

Weaning a baby [ 1 Answers ]

Can my six month old baby take juice?If yes what kind?

Giving a weaning kiten human baby formula in emergancy [ 2 Answers ]

Store out of kitten replacement formula and won't be in stack until later this afternoon have reg. baby formula on hand is it safe to use for one to two feedings while waiting for kitten formula to get here?:confused:

Questions about weaning my breastfed baby [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I have numerous questions about weaning my baby. Personally, I do not want to wean her, but given my schedule when I head back to medical school I am going to have to. How long does it "usually" take? I plan on starting to wean her when she is almost 9 months. I tried going back to...

View more questions Search