Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2012, 07:36 AM
    VP Paul Ryan
    Here is a video of Paul Ryan schooling the President on Obamacare .

Paul Ryan: Hiding Spending Doesn't Reduce Spending - YouTube

(note at the 5:23 point the classless President gives Ryan the middle finger salute)
    I'm sure the Obots are dusting off those “Throw Granny over the cliff” commercials .
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2012, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    (note at the 5:23 point the classless President gives Ryan the middle finger salute)
    No he's not. YOU have no class.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2012, 07:51 AM
    Hello tom:

Nahhh... At 4:04 the guy two seats to left of Ryan is giving him the finger. He really gets into it 5:19.

excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2012, 01:35 PM
    No He is definitely giving Ryan the finger... just like he did to previous opponents Evita ,and McCain. But I regret mentioning it because it diverts from the schooling Ryan gave the President on Obamacare.

I can't wait for the VP debate between Ryan and Biden (if Biden isn't thrown under the bus by the convention) .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2012, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello tom:

Nahhh... At 4:04 the guy two seats to left of Ryan is giving him the finger. He really gets into it 5:19.

excon
    Yeah, and that guy can hardly stay awake too.
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2012, 01:48 PM
    Nah he's using his index finger . The middle finger salute uses the 3rd digit. The President is very adept at using the coded message .
    Obama Gives Hillary The Finger - YouTube
    Obama Gives McCain the Middle Finger - YouTube
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2012, 03:49 PM
    Hello again, tom:

School?? SCHOOL?? Really...

Ryan voted for the Iraq war and didn't think we needed to PAY for it... He voted for the prescription drug program.. It's a GREAT program.. They gave away the ranch. But he didn't think we needed to PAY for it...

Today, he mentioned that, "no one disputes that President Obama inherited a bad situation." What he failed to say is, he's the one who MADE IT BAD.

I think we're going to hear about that.

excon
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2012, 04:05 PM
    I'm sure the Obots are dusting off those “Throw Granny over the cliff” commercials .
    Hello again, tom:

Speaking of Granny. My 85 year old granny is GOOD at shopping, if she could only remember what shopping is. I'll bet you'll hear about that too.

excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2012, 04:33 PM
    He voted for the prescription drug program.. It's a GREAT program..
    Yes as a back bencher he was forced to vote for programs President Bush advanced . He even voted for TARP which you think was necessary ;but I opposed. I understand his role in the Bush years. Since he assumed a leadership position in the House he has been uncompromising . Since then he has been determined to tame the federal government. His proposals for reforming Medicare are much bigger deals than Medicare Part D .

This Ryan pick is good because there is no more gray area . We have a clear ideological choice in this election. He counters Romney's fuzziness with a clear conservative stand on most of the policies of the day. With this pick ,Romney has FINALLY declared his fate is tied with conservative principles .

Ryan can serve the same role that LBJ did in that he knows how to manage the inside the beltway stuff ,(his latest Medicare proposal is co-sponsored with a Senate Democrat) ,that Biden is apparently incapable of. (also not his votes for Bush era policies that he clearly opposed ) . You guys talk of bipartisanship .Well there's your man . Since he has the trust of both the establishment and the TP wing ;he's likely to have more negotiating room with the Republican majority .
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 11, 2012, 04:37 PM
    Romney and Ryan sounds good on announcement day, but the election is a ways off and we will get a good look at the young gun hired to get Mitt elected. The right loves it, and so does the left. Better than Palin was.

Vouchers will be talked about a whole lot!! No way will seniors pay for Romney's raise. NO WAY!!
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2012, 07:41 PM
    Paul Ryan is a disciple of the one of the strangest figures to ever hit the American scene in politics/philosophy - Ayn Rand.

Recently, after being taken to task by an American Catholic Nun organization as being completely in opposition to long-standing Catholic principles re the poor, Ryan has backtracked a bit. (He is a Catholic).

The Obama crowd must be delighted with this turn of events. When Ryan's ideas become public knowledge, which they will, he will be dumped like yesterday's garbage. Only the far right will continue to sing his praises.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2012, 02:09 AM
    Yeah I'm sure the mud is being mixed already .

Don't take too much out of what one Catholic nun organization says and does. The politics of the Catholic Church stretches the political spectrum. In my younger days I was briefly drawn to the liberation theologies of the Maryknoll and Jesuit orders . These are fringe Catholic positions.

And ,he is more a disciple of Jack Kemp ,and a former speech writer of Kemp. A Catholic could not completely embrace Rand because of her atheism . He does however speak of her belief in individualism versus collectivism .Here is what Ryan has said about the subject.

“I reject her philosophy,” ... “It's an atheist philosophy. It reduces human interactions down to mere contracts and it is antithetical to my worldview. If somebody is going to try to paste a person's view on epistemology to me, then give me Thomas Aquinas…Don't give me Ayn Rand.”

When Ryan's ideas become public knowledge, which they will, he will be dumped like yesterday's garbage. Only the far right will continue to sing his praises.
    Amazing how he consistently wins reelection in a district that hasn't gone Republican in a Presidential election since 1984. The truth is that his positions were at a time when the Dems weren't so radical ,considered mainstream reformist. The basis of his reforms of Medicare was once embraced by a bipartisan commission appointed by Bill Clintoon. His current proposal is co-sponsored by Democrat senator Ron Wyden of Oregon.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2012, 04:38 AM
    And he likes Led Zeppelin, noodling and bow hunting. Can't wait for the Obama ads on teaming up two killers for the GOP... cancer causer and granny killer.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2012, 05:45 AM
    This person appears somewhat divisive, it will be interesting to see how Romney handles an attack dog
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2012, 05:54 AM
    Hello again,

He's a wonderful fellow.. He's going to DESTROY Medicare while he's telling you he's SAVING it. I don't think we'll be fooled.

excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2012, 07:00 AM
    Destroy Medicare ? More likely Obamacare will be the vehicle to destroy Medicare. The Ryan/Widen competitive bidding plan saves Medicare. And of course ,the Ryan/Widen plan is very similar to the proposal that Romney has advanced .
    The basic idea behind competitive bidding is that, say, on a county-by-county basis, you let private plans and traditional Medicare offer plans with the same actuarial value compete, to see who can offer the same package of benefits the most efficiently. Each plan in a given county will name a price for which they are willing to offer these services, and seniors are free to pick whichever plan they want. However, the government will only subsidize an amount equal to the bid proposed by the second-cheapest plan. If you want a more expensive plan, you have to pay the difference yourself.The plan would only go into effect for people aged 55 or younger... so current Seniors are not affected .
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2012, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    My 85 year old granny is GOOD at shopping, if she could only remember what shopping is. I'll bet you'll hear about that too.
    The plan would only go into effect for people aged 55 or younger ...so current Seniors are not affected .
    Hello again, tom:

So, are you telling us that those people aged 55 or younger will NEVER grow into 85 year old's who'll be FORCED into making insurance BUYING decisions??

Really?

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 12, 2012, 08:19 AM
    That's great that Romney/Ryan protect old people and throw grannies kids and grand kids under the bus!

R/R think that privatizing EVERY thing with out rules and regulations helps every one, and that idea NEVER works for the rest of us, just him and his privateers. Bush tried that privatization reform deal,and got shot down. So will R/R!

I don't think people will go for "trickle down economics" on steroids. No matter how you try to dress it up, rename it, or sell it.

You just hope we will!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 12, 2012, 08:47 AM
    “I reject her philosophy,” ... “It’s an atheist philosophy....”
    Actually, it began like this:

At an Atlas Society meeting celebrating Ayn Rand's life in 2005, Ryan said that "The reason I got involved in public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand," and "I grew up reading Ayn Rand and it taught me quite a bit about who I am and what my value systems are, and what my beliefs are. It’s inspired me so much that it’s required reading in my office for all my interns and my staff."

In response to criticism from Catholic leaders, in 2012 Ryan distanced himself from Rand's Objectivist philosophy, telling National Review, "I reject her philosophy. It's an atheist philosophy. It reduces human interactions down to mere contracts and it is antithetical to my worldview", and noting that his views were more aligned with those of the Roman Catholic philosopher and saint, Thomas Aquinas, than Ayn Rand. “Don’t give me Ayn Rand,” he said in 2012.

So Ryan's a flip-flopper too?
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2012, 10:01 AM
    with out rules and regulations
    another bogus strawman.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Epi les paul standard plus top vs. Epi les paul custom vs. Epi les paul blackbeauty 3 [ 0 Answers ]

I just want to ask which is better? Epi les paul standard plus or epi les paul custom or epi les paul blackbeauty (3 pickups)? *** tell the difference between the three... tnx

Ryan [ 1 Answers ]

RYAN

Nolan ryan [ 3 Answers ]

I have a nolan ryan baseball card when he was a baby. Can someone tell me how much it is worth

View more questions Search