Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xXRavenkillaXx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2012, 01:50 AM
    Im 11 years old and treated like a slave
    My family ESPECIALLY MY FATASS BROTHER treats me like a slave and blame me for doing stuff I don't do.

First of all my bro makes me get everything, do all the chores and its so annoying. If I don't do what he says he just freaking punches me in the face. I feel like my PARENTS don't care if I get beaten up anymore. BECAUSE THEY Don't LISTEN TO ME , EVER. When I'm on the computer they say STOP PLAYING and start talking about me When I'm on the computer doing my homework. They keep accusing me of and I hate them, ALL OF THEM I either want to kill myself and put myself out of my misery or kill them for peace.

PS WERE CHRISTIAN and I'm only eleven years old.

when I'm at home I feel like my freedom is gone. I'm never treated like a normal child because I'm smart but is that a reason to make me do everything??

They day that the buy everything I want when in the end they don't even get me anything. I ask for toys, they say they're useless, I ask for games they say NO and I'm over there thinking what the .

I'm smart and doing well in school, and they don't even give me any freedom?
    they don't buy me what I want like they PROMISED.

a month ago my dad said that he'd give me minecraft in the school holidays and what did I get? NOTHING THEY Don't GIVE ME . To stop myself from inflicting pain to them or mysleft I write in a secret "i hate my life diary".

THE WORST THING THEY DID TO ME WAS GIVE BIRTH TO ME...

actually.. in a years time I'm going to see what happens and if it stays the same I'm going to confess to who I like and kill myself = EASE OF MIND AND EVERYTHING
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 11, 2012, 01:54 AM
    ... so, what exactly is your question ?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 11, 2012, 02:18 AM
    Your POTTY mouth comments have been removed and also LAZY Chat Speak is NOT allowed.
    I appreciate the fact you are only 11, but my SIX year old daughter can write better English than your post.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2012, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xXRavenkillaXx View Post
    My family ESPECIALLY MY FATASS BROTHER treats me like a slave and blame me for doing stuff i dont do.

First of all my bro makes me get everything, do all the chores and its so annoying. if i dont do what he says he just freaking punches me in the face. I feel like my PARENTS dont care if i get beaten up anymore. BECAUSE THEY DONT LISTEN TO ME , EVER. When im on the computer they say STOP PLAYING and start talking about me When im on the computer doing my homework. They keep accusing me of and i hate them, ALL OF THEM i either wanna kill myself and put myself out of my misery or kill them for peace.

PS WERE CHRISTIAN and im only eleven years old.

when im at home i feel like my freedom is gone. im never treated like a normal child because im smart but is that a reason to make me do everything???

They day that the buy everything i want when in the end they dont even get me anything. i ask for toys, they say theyre useless, i ask for games they say NO and im over there thinking what the .

im smart and doing well in school, and they dont even give me any freedom??
    they dont buy me what i want like they PROMISED.

a month ago my dad said that he'd give me minecraft in the school holidays and what did i get?? NOTHING THEY DONT GIVE ME . to stop myself from inflicting pain to them or mysleft i write in a secret "i hate my life diary".

THE WORST THING THEY DID TO ME WAS GIVE BIRTH TO ME....

actually.. in a years time im going to see what happens and if it stays the same im going to confess to who i like and kill myself = EASE OF MIND AND EVERYTHING

Apparently your family has known you for 11 years and doesn't like or respect you.

It only took me two minutes to reach that same conclusion.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 11, 2012, 06:32 PM
    Yes, a 11 year old child does not get any freedom, not sure what ones you want.

A 11 year old works around the home, my 11 year old ( yes I have one at home) does dishes, does his own laundry, cooks some meals, has school normally year round, no summer breaks,

He does have mine craft ( silly game) but is grounded from it for not doing his chores, like trash, lawn mowing and so on.

So sounds like you are being treated as a normal 11 year old and are just hateful person
    Steph4353 Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Aug 12, 2012, 08:32 PM
    Sorry chickie, but you need to toughen-up. You may think you have it hard, and I totally understand how you feel. I was forced to do a lot of things, but I was basically a livein babysitter/maid. It wasn't my brother that punched me in the face, it was my stepfather. I raised my 4 younger siblings. I was being called "Mommy" at 11.

You need to stop and think about all the good things you have. One of your reasons that you hate life is that you didn't get Minecraft. I didn't get anything either but I'm not saying I was treated like a 'slave'. I know you want freedom, and I understand that. But you do really have to go to the extent of talking about suicide? Suicide is never the answer, especially if you are a Christian.

I'm 13 and still don't have much freedom but I have one freedom, Im free from my stepfather. Life is great, no matter what situation I'm in. As long as I'm alive, I'm grateful.

I think you're exaggerrating. Maybe you aren't, but I was 11, not long ago at all, and I know what its like. But I never once said I hated my mother. She gave birth to me and even if she treated me like crap(she doesnt) I would look forward to getting out of the house and living my own life.

I am sorry to hear your situation, if it's true. But look at the good things. You're too young to be thinking of dying.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 12, 2012, 08:38 PM
    Steph4353, that was a very articulate and well thought out response for a 13 year old. I hope our 11 year old poster sees the vast difference between the two of you, even two years apart.
    Dear Raven! If you want to die please tell us what is REALLY going on. 11 year olds don't want to die because of not being bought a game or because they have to do chores.
    fuego750 Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Aug 13, 2012, 10:11 AM
    A kid your age should be given time to be a child and have friends, yes you need to do chores even if you don't like it (nobody likes to do chores but somebody have to do it) It is unfair the fact that they don't listen to you and do nothing when your brother punches you. My best advise? You want their respect? Call child services, and tell them ALL the things they did to you, but be honest! And make clear that you feel they will mistreat you even more if they let you stay in that house. Don't be afraid, the social workers there to protect you and they'll find a way for you to be reated the
    fuego750 Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Aug 13, 2012, 10:15 AM
    Sorry, I continue here, to be treated the way you deserve. It doesn't happens right away but if you complain in your school, talk to the nurse or ask for your counselor at school, they are there to help you and they take this situations very seriously. If all of this don't work keep fighting and go to the police. This is child abuse clearly! Fight for your rights, no body else can do it if you don't try yourself first. Good luck, and God bless you beautiful soul!
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2012, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego750 View Post
    Sorry, I continue here, to be treated the way you deserve. It doesn't happens right away but if you complain in your school, talk to the nurse or ask for your counselor at school, they are there to help you and they take this situations very seriously. If all of this don't work keep fighting and go to the police. This is child abuse clearly! Fight for your rights, no body else can do it if you don't try yourself first. Good luck, and God bless you beautiful soul!

Where do you see the abuse in this situation? I note that the adults on the Board don't believe she's being abused.

And, yes, she should go to the Police, advise the Police that she's being abused and request to be placed in foster care. She can live in the foster care system, of course, until she "ages out" at 18.

I think that would be a good solution for all parties concerned.

One that Report is filed, of course, the Police will investigate her parents.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 12:03 PM
    I don't see abuse here. Yes, her brother punches her, supposedly (remember we only have the posters word on that), but I doubt very much that her parents do nothing.

Actually, it sounds like her parents are doing a good job raising her. They expect her to do chores, be respectful.

If her attitude is even half what it was on this site then I don't blame the parents for not rushing out and getting her every little thing she wants. Toys are a privilege, not a right. If she wants toys then she has to earn them, by doing chores and showing respect. I don't believe for a second that her attitude at home is better than she's displayed here.

My advice to the poster, use the intelligence you claim to have and learn that things aren't handed to you on a silver platter just because you want them. Threatening to kill yourself will not get you what you want. Working towards those things will.

I have two kids of my own, a daughter that's about to turn 10, and a son that's about to turn 14. For birthdays and Christmas I try to get them the things they really want, within reason. But I do have certain rules. My daughter is begging for a cell phone for her birthday. It's not going to happen, and she knows it. I don't believe that children should have cell phones. There's no reason for her to have one and I refuse to allow her to become just another child spending every waking moment on a phone playing games and texting.

It's time to grow up a bit, figure out that the world doesn't revolve around you and what you want.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2012, 10:03 AM
    OK - you are eleven and you are speaking like a mad eleven year old, so it's not the end of the world and doesn't make you a bad person because you are speaking in anger and hurt. It's not the best way to talk though - as you can see from these responses, it kind of distracts people from wanting to help with your problems and they instead want to correct how you talk. So it's a good idea when you are talking to people and want help, to stick to the facts, avoid exaggerating, use good English and try to be logical in how you present the problem. When you are respectful and intelligent in how you communicate, you will get better results from other people.

Writing in a journal is a good idea but perhaps not the way you are going about it. Just writing about what you hate will keep you in a place of hate in your life. But if you focus on what you like about life, you will find that it will be easier to tolerate what you don't. Some good things to write about in your journal are things like your goals, and what you can do to achieve them, and your daily progress working towards them. You can also write down one thing every day for which you are grateful - may not be your family these days. Maybe it will be that you got to watch a movie in English class today, or that they had your favorite lunch at school. You can't control other people but you can certainly avoid thinking about them when you're having your private time away from them - think about somethng pleasant and it will reduce the percent of your day that is annoying and miserable immediately!

So, you are a smart kid. That's the first good thing about you. If you are smart, you can do well in school. If you do well in school, you will not have to depend on your family when you graduate high school because you'll have such great grades, you will be able to go away to college on scholarship. Know that the best way to manage a family you can't stand is to do too well at school for them to hold you back and keep you under their control when you are older. Straight As will get you out of the house when you graduate high school, to some great, fun, cool place where you can become a terrific success. College is a blast.

The second good thing is that you recognize that there are limitations in your family. If they do not follow up on promises to get things for you, knowing that is powerful. Next time they promise you something, assume it is not going to happen. If it's something you really want, consider what you might do to get the money to buy it yourself. My son used to shovel driveways, offer dog-sitting service and do yard work when he was your age and sometimes he made a lot of money. He also saved money he got for allowance or presents and really thought about what he wanted most, then bought those things for himself.

Brothers and sisters rarely get along at your age, so the good news is that your relationship with your brother is pretty normal. He shouldn't be punching you though and that needs to be dealt with by your parents. You need to talk to them in a mature way, when people are not already mad or arguing. If you have to, say, "Mom, I have some things I want to talk to you about. Can we go somewhere and talk?" Give your parents a chance to recognize that you're coming to them in a grown-up way to let them know you have serious issues to resolve, and don't approach them in an angry way.

Also don't make it an attack or it will back fire. It sounds like the only major issue here is that your brother bullies you. That has to stop. If you bully back, you are going to have to be part of the solution.

Do your share of the chores without complaining and leave his undone. Make plans to go to a friend's house or the library or some other place away from your brother so that he doesn't have the opportunity to bully you. Explain to your parents that you do not want to be home alone with your brother because he punches and bullies and bosses you around, and ask what other arrangements can be made. Also ask to have totally separate chores from your brother. For example, instead of being told together to "clean the house", ask your parents to give you separate chores from your brother. For example, you have to clean the kitchen, he has to fold the laundry. If the kitchen is clean, then they know you did your share.

Whether your situation is "abusive" is hard to know from what you've written. If you are being sexually assaulted or if the way your brother treats you is beyond bickering siblings irritating and tousling with each other, you should get help. If your parents don't help, go to your school counselor.
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2012, 10:16 AM
    Not disagreeing with anything/anyone BUT the language had be cleaned up. This is no "annoyed" 11 year old.

Did anyone read this: "ALL OF THEM i either wanna kill myself and put myself out of my misery or kill them for peace."

Or kill them for peace?

I don't take suicide threats lightly and I don't take "kill them" statements lightly.

I realize this is an anoymous board but under some circumstances I truly wish it were not.
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Not disagreeing with anything/anyone BUT the language had be cleaned up. This is no "annoyed" 11 year old.

Did anyone read this: "ALL OF THEM i either wanna kill myself and put myself out of my misery or kill them for peace."

Or kill them for peace?

I don't take suicide threats lightly and I don't take "kill them" statements lightly.

I realize this is an anoymous board but under some circumstances I truly wish it were not.
    I missed the part about her killing them. Frankly, truth told, I skimmed over much of her question because of her attitude and language.

Threats to kill someone should be taken very seriously. This board is anonymous, but if those threats are actual threats there are ways to take the proper action.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    but if those threats are actual threats there are ways to take the proper action.
    Then someone here could track the e mail to find out where it came from and therefore find out where the OP lives ? That is computer forensics, is it not?
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 02:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Then someone here could track the e mail to find out where it came from and therefore find out where the OP lives ? That is computer forensics, is it not?
    I don't think it's about tracking the email. No matter what when you post on the internet your IP address shows. It doesn't show to everyone, for privacy, but there are way to get it, and if a threat like murder is made on this site then I think it's our responsibility to find it, and alert the police.
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2012, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I don't think it's about tracking the email. No matter what when you post on the internet your IP address shows. It doesn't show to everyone, for privacy, but there are way to get it, and if a threat like murder is made on this site then I think it's our responsibility to find it, and alert the police.

I've made this argument before - I understand that "we" are not entitled to the knowledge but I do hope somebody tracks this down and reports it.

This is "don't pay attention, 11 year old" stuff - right up until she kills someone.

John Justice lived down the street from a friend of mine. She thought he was "odd." He talked about killing people but he was a good student, blah, blah, blah. Then he killed his family - and a neighbor. He served his time, got out, couldn't be controlled by his PO and went back in. Interesting reading from a long time ago. http://www.people.com/people/archive...092208,00.html
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 02:31 PM
    I've made this argument before - I understand that "we" are not entitled to the knowledge but I do hope somebody tracks this down and reports it.

This is "don't pay attention, 11 year old" stuff - right up until she kills someone.

John Justice lived down the street from a friend of mine. She thought he was "odd." He talked about killing people but he was a good student, blah, blah, blah. Then he killed his family - and a neighbor. He served his time, got out, couldn't be controlled by his PO and went back in. Interesting reading from a long time ago. Driven by His Long-Buried Rage, a 17-Year-Old Honor Student Lethally Lashes Out at His Family : People.com
    Drew Peterson lives down the road a bit from me. He threatened to kill his third wife (hearsay from her sister). She's still missing and he's on trial for killing the second wife whose body had to be exhumed.

No, don't take death threats lightly.
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2012, 02:34 PM
    I do find it unsettling that right after the threat to kill her family OP said: "WERE CHRISTIAN." Well, that certainly makes me feel better!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 02:35 PM
    I do find it unsettling that right after the threat to kill her family OP said: "WERE CHRISTIAN." Well, that certainly makes me feel better!
    I noticed that too, was not sure what that had to do with anything in light of the rest of it. Definitely not any kind of Christian I know of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My mom has treated me bad for the past 4 years. I'm at my breaking point! Help! [ 17 Answers ]

After my mom left my sisters dad is when it started.I was barely 13 when she left him for another WAY younger man (we actually went to the same school for a year before he went to high school). My mom started leaving me with my 3 sisters so she could go out with him (bars, clubs, 4wheeler riding,...

My boyfriend has treated me like a buddy for 9 years and abused me twice [ 2 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 9 years,I've always been abit of weekend company for him,he never wanted me to move in?he flirts with other women on dating sites,lots of times we have broke up and he has slepted with other women,on holiday once he flirted with this other women in front of me,then...

My neighbor's house soffit is treated plywood. It was painted 9 years ago. [ 2 Answers ]

How and what should be done to prepare the wood to be repainted?

Why do I get treated like a slave by my own family? [ 3 Answers ]

Im just around the corner from turning 30, yet I feel I have noting accomplished in my life. My family owns and runs a small business were I am employed for more then 10 years and get paid in scraps. I feel I do most the hard labor and get rewarded as if I'm expected to do so. My siblings on the...

15 years and this is how I'm treated! [ 8 Answers ]

I've work at my job for 15years. I have 3 new bosses. I was called in a meeting a couple of weeks ago and put on 90 days probation for something that was not true. During my meeting one of the guys ask me to give my resignation, the other guy said that he did not think I was a leader or should be...

View more questions Search