Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2012, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by antoinette12508 View Post
    Well idk about you but I grew up with an older sister and went through stuff like that, so people might even stretch the truth, she's a young girl, I know when I was young I took everything for granted. What she has to understand is that posting that she wants to kill her self cause of some childish acts is a little bit selfish, I think that she should show this post to her mom so that maybe her mom can understand more. I'm not saying its right for her brother to punch her, I think he may need a reality check, he's probable just a few yrs older then her and going through puberty, kids act up in that stage of life. And I really wasent trying to be comforting, I was stating facts. This girl thinks that her life is so bad that she wants to end it over petty things, like a video game. This little girl has her whole life ahead of her to a great future, I think she may need more attention at home, to me itt seems like maybe her parents need to realize that this preteen needs help adjusting to maybe some of the changes with her body and mind. The book I think would be better then some video game and it will also show her that what she's going through is like nothing. Ok Judy is this what I should say... Next time your brother punches you stick up for yourself hit him back give him a dose of what you've been saving through all your anger, I mean that's what it came down to for me, once my sister found out I can hold my own and freaken hit her quite a few times she wasent soo bad, and when she was we would just beat each other up then still love each other in the end. Or Judy would you like me to say... Ohh you poor thing why don't you just go to the police. Things will get better or maybe even go to social services and be put in foster care where you'll be traded from home to home till your 18... What do you think Judy and where's your comforting post to this girl. She just seems to be going through normal preteen problems... Just sayin :)

This isn't a blog, a discussion between you and me. I was in a physically and mentally abusive marriage. Don't begin to tell me about abuse. Hearing about other women whose husbands killed them didn't help me at all. Not that it's any of your business but, no, my parents didn't allow "us" to use physical violence against each other under ANY circumstance, nor were my parents EVER violent toward each other. I realize that not all families are the same.

And please don't DEMAND a "comforting post" from me - not unless you're a mod - and that would require more than 7 posts under your belt (many of them questions and info, not answers) -or unless it's your question.

Your "Okay, Judy, should I say this" is both passive/aggressive and unnecessary. AMHD doesn't work that way. I find you remarkably confrontational on a thread where long-time experts and members had their own thoughts, particularly when you're 25 years old - not a kid (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adult-...me-703096.html).

In fact, is this attitude toward me based on my response to your thread?

And just for the record - yes, if a person is being abused (and I'm not saying the OP is) he/she should go to the Police. Do you believe every complaint to the Police ends up with the minor in foster care? There's Court intervention, counseling, all sorts of things but, yes, bottom line - maybe you defended yourself with your fists. That isn't in my make up. Apparently it's not in the make up of the OP either. She needs to get intervention IF she's being abused. Yes, that's what I would have liked you to say. Foster care might be better than being punched in the mouth on a regular basis - just sayin'.
    antoinette12508 Posts: 24, Reputation: -2

Sep 20, 2012, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    This isn't a blog, a discussion between you and me. I was in a physically and mentally abusive marriage. Don't begin to tell me about abuse. Hearing about other women whose husbands killed them didn't help me at all. Not that it's any of your business but, no, my parents didn't allow "us" to use physical violence against each other under ANY circumstance, nor were my parents EVER violent toward each other. I realize that not all families are the same.

And please don't DEMAND a "comforting post" from me - not unless you're a mod - and that would require more than 7 posts under your belt (many of them questions and info, not answers) -or unless it's your question.

Your "Okay, Judy, should I say this" is both passive/aggressive and unnecessary. AMHD doesn't work that way. I find you remarkably confrontational on a thread where long-time experts and members had their own thoughts, particularly when you're 25 years old - not a kid (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adult-...me-703096.html).

In fact, is this attitude toward me based on my response to your thread?

And just for the record - yes, if a person is being abused (and I'm not saying the OP is) he/she should go to the Police. Do you believe every complaint to the Police ends up with the minor in foster care? There's Court intervention, counseling, all sorts of things but, yes, bottom line - maybe you defended yourself with your fists. That isn't in my make up. Apparently it's not in the make up of the OP either. She needs to get intervention IF she's being abused. Yes, that's what I would have liked you to say. Foster care might be better than being punched in the mouth on a regular basis - just sayin'.
    Ok whatever Judy, really I wasent even writing to talk to someone who's post wasent up, I live one way and you live another. For instance you like to criticize people, and me I like to tell it how it is. So I'm done with writing to you thanks for this little dose of drama, haven't had that in a while. I'm here giving some thoughts to a person who matter of fact isent you, so I'm going on my merry way and I hope you find someone else to harass :)
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 20, 2012, 09:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by antoinette12508 View Post
    Ok whatever Judy, really I wasent even writing to talk to someone who's post wasent up, I live one way and you live another. For instance you like to criticize people, and me I like to tell it how it is. So I'm done with writing to you thanks for this little dose of drama, haven't had that in a while. I'm here giving some thoughts to a person who matter of fact isent you, so I'm going on my merry way and I hope you find someone else to harass :)
    Funny how you back down and make yourself the victim, when in all actuality your passive/aggressive behavior towards Judy was not only distasteful, but confrontational!

You are the last person who should be advising this 11-year-old.

... just saying
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 21, 2012, 04:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    Funny how you back down and make yourself the victim, when in all actuality your passive/aggressive behavior towards Judy was not only distasteful, but confrontational!

You are the last person who should be advising this 11-year-old.

....just sayin
    Yes, anyone with deep seated personal issues, I read the link that Judy provided, saying how 'freaked out' she gets when jealous tells me that she needs professional help.

I dislike the disrespect shown here to a long time member with a good track record for well thought through advice.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 21, 2012, 06:40 AM
    As the OP has NOT returned this thread is now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My mom has treated me bad for the past 4 years. I'm at my breaking point! Help! [ 17 Answers ]

After my mom left my sisters dad is when it started.I was barely 13 when she left him for another WAY younger man (we actually went to the same school for a year before he went to high school). My mom started leaving me with my 3 sisters so she could go out with him (bars, clubs, 4wheeler riding,...

My boyfriend has treated me like a buddy for 9 years and abused me twice [ 2 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 9 years,I've always been abit of weekend company for him,he never wanted me to move in?he flirts with other women on dating sites,lots of times we have broke up and he has slepted with other women,on holiday once he flirted with this other women in front of me,then...

My neighbor's house soffit is treated plywood. It was painted 9 years ago. [ 2 Answers ]

How and what should be done to prepare the wood to be repainted?

Why do I get treated like a slave by my own family? [ 3 Answers ]

Im just around the corner from turning 30, yet I feel I have noting accomplished in my life. My family owns and runs a small business were I am employed for more then 10 years and get paid in scraps. I feel I do most the hard labor and get rewarded as if I'm expected to do so. My siblings on the...

15 years and this is how I'm treated! [ 8 Answers ]

I've work at my job for 15years. I have 3 new bosses. I was called in a meeting a couple of weeks ago and put on 90 days probation for something that was not true. During my meeting one of the guys ask me to give my resignation, the other guy said that he did not think I was a leader or should be...

View more questions Search