Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 04:30 PM
    I do think that the rule should be that if anyone threatens death on this site, the police should get involved. I don't care if it's a child making the threat, it's like abuse cases, better to report and say sorry later, than to not report and watch the child get beaten to death. If you make the threat, be prepared to face the consequences. I even think that should be one of the rules, so that posters are aware that we do take death threats seriously.

Not that long ago we had a poster that came here, admitted to luring a very young teen to his neck of the woods, bought her a plane ticket, posted here that he planned to have sex with her, had booked a hotel room. That man is now in jail, his posts on this site were emailed to the authorities. He was caught at the airport, with condoms and alcohol on his person. The girl is safe. She was 13, if I remember correctly.

Sometimes you have to take the written word at face value. If someone threatens, it's better to report and be wrong then to do nothing and they make good on their threats.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 04:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Sometimes you have to take the written word at face value. If someone threatens, it's better to report and be wrong then to do nothing and they make good on their threats.
    In light of recent shootings in the US, it does seem like we should be our brother's keeper more than we are and thus report threats.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2012, 04:35 PM
    Not that long ago we had a poster that came here, admitted to luring a very young teen to his neck of the woods, bought her a plane ticket, posted here that he planned to have sex with her, had booked a hotel room. That man is now in jail, his posts on this site were emailed to the authorities. He was caught at the airport, with condoms and alcohol on his person. The girl is safe. She was 13, if I remember correctly.

I don't know if you're aware that after this whole problem he somehow got computer access, came back to AMHD, his posts were brought to the attention of the California authorities and he hasn't been heard from since.

No question - he had serous mental issues.

Yes, I think death threats AND suicide threats need to be handled in some way. Maybe this is a subject for a discussion board.

What if OP is posting here and kills her family? What if someone posts here and commits suicide? What is the legal line?
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    In light of recent shootings in the US, it does seem like we should be our brother's keeper more than we are and thus report threats.
    Maybe we should take this up with the powers that be, start a new thread, see if we can't make a few new rules. :)
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2012, 04:43 PM
    Maybe we should take this up with the powers that be, start a new thread, see if we can't make a few new rules. :)

Well, this will all come out... but I reported someone today to her local Police Department.

They can act on it or not. At least I know they know.

And it was no big, secret "investigation." I couldn't believe my eyes, ran a search, found out some info and notified the Police.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2012, 04:53 PM
    I hope no one minds, but I did some research of my own.

The OP is almost definitely a troll I'm sad to say.

He/She tells us that they are not allowed to be on the computer, yet he/she has uploaded SO MANY random crap videos about random stupid kid stuff. Marked so many videos as 'favorite' and quite obviously has enough time to do this on the computer.

AND, the OP does indeed play mine craft. I see him/her on the mine craft message boards everywhere, recruiting other players, and talking about playing the game. He/she even has you tube videos of him/herself playing it

So... im not sure what the problem is here... but I do believe OP is a troll
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2012, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    I hope no one minds, but i did some research of my own.

The OP is almost definitely a troll im sad to say.

He/She tells us that they are not allowed to be on the computer, yet he/she has uploaded SO MANY random crap videos about random stupid kid stuff. marked so many videos as 'favorite' and quite obviously has enough time to do this on the computer.

AND, the OP does indeed play mine craft. I see him/her on the mine craft message boards everywhere, recruiting other players, and talking about playing the game. he/she even has you tube videos of him/herself playing it

So...im not sure what the problem is here...but i do believe OP is a troll

Thanks, Jen. Beat me to it. Just took me longer.
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 05:10 PM
    I hope no one minds, but i did some research of my own.

The OP is almost definitely a troll im sad to say.

He/She tells us that they are not allowed to be on the computer, yet he/she has uploaded SO MANY random crap videos about random stupid kid stuff. marked so many videos as 'favorite' and quite obviously has enough time to do this on the computer.

AND, the OP does indeed play mine craft. I see him/her on the mine craft message boards everywhere, recruiting other players, and talking about playing the game. he/she even has you tube videos of him/herself playing it

So...im not sure what the problem is here...but i do believe OP is a troll
    Good sleuthing Jennie. :)

But that does lead us to another issue. Trolling is also frowned upon. If this is a known troll, aren't there laws against that as well?

I know that recently a man was charged because he trolled the internet. I'll have to search for the link, give me time, but he posted unspeakable things on fb, and other sites, and he's been charged.

That's another issue, but also one I think we should take seriously. Trolling is not only cruel, but it wastes our time, especially on sites like these. It's because of these trolls that many times we don't take the posters that are sincere, seriously. We've been trolled too many times.

I hate to say it, but after being on this site for over 4 years, I now see a suicide thread and many times I either don't post, or I post something negative because I've experienced too many people lying about it. Same with rape threads, or the infamous "I'm so poor, my husband died, give me sympathy", threads. We all remember PP, the woman that posted pictures of herself that weren't her, and then, when we questioned her, killed off her husband, and sent fake death certificates to back up her lies. I ended talking to a person that's great at digging up the truth. PP was actually a 60 plus year old lady, and had been married more than 3 times. Nothing she posted was remotely true.

I've taken a break, and it didn't help. Truth is, most of the posts I answer I answer believing the person to be a troll. If they can prove they're not, I'll be sincere, and helpful. That's not fair to the small percentage (and I do believe it's a small percentage) of people that are actually dealing with issues, and actually do need help. Nor is it fair to those of us that have been burned one time too many times and no longer feel that the people posting here are telling the truth.

There has to be a way to rectify this, if not in actuality, at least within ourselves.
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2012, 05:17 PM
    We all remember PP, the woman that posted pictures of herself that weren't her, and then, when we questioned her, killed off her husband, and sent fake death certificates to back up her lies. I ended talking to a person that's great at digging up the truth. PP was actually a 60 plus year old lady, and had been married more than 3 times. Nothing she posted was remotely true.

So I'm NOT going to be invited to spend time at her cottage on the sea in Spain?

What the heck!

I still have her photo on my computer - some day I'm going to find out who it really is.
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    So I'm NOT going to be invited to spend time at her cottage on the sea in Spain?

What the heck!

I still have her photo on my computer - some day I'm going to find out who it really is.
    Judy, I actually downloaded a program that finds people on the internet. Sadly, it's limited. Unless that exact picture has been posted on the internet before, no luck.

But those pictures, as soon as she posted them, I knew she was lying. They looked like they were from a magazine, all of them. A few people commented that the one of her husband, they'd seen before.

But I did find her fb page, and a family tree she published, and I found out a lot of info. She lied to us all, and I have yet to figure out why. Why would you want to make yourself into something you're not?

So no, you can't go to her cottage in Spain, but you're still invited to my tiny house in Canada, and if you ever want to go to Germany, I have many relatives that would be willing to put us up for a few weeks. :) In fact, I own 1/13 of a home in Weikersheim. It's not grand, but it does have indoor plumbing, which is pretty cool considering it was built in the 1700's. The outdoor plumbing was added later. Still, things do go flush in the night. :)
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2012, 05:37 PM
    Judy, I actually downloaded a program that finds people on the internet. Sadly, it's limited. Unless that exact picture has been posted on the internet before, no luck.

I own the professional version. You need a PI license to buy it. It couldn't ID the photo.

I'll get back to you about the vacation in Germany. I was looking forward to Spain so I'll have to change gears.
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 05:41 PM
    I own the professional version. You need a PI license to buy it. It couldn't ID the photo.

I'll get back to you about the vacation in Germany. I was looking forward to Spain so I'll have to change gears.
    Spain has the running of the bulls. Germany has really good beer. It really is a no brainer. ;)
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2012, 08:57 PM
    You guys get all the cool toys. Lol. All I have is Google ;)
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2012, 08:58 PM
    OH and I don't remember that poster! That is terrible!! I'm glad I didn't see it!
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2012, 09:26 PM
    OH and i dont remember that poster! that is terrible!!! im glad i didnt see it!
    Positive Parent was her name. You can still read some of her posts. She was banned, with good reason.
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2012, 06:47 AM
    "Soon I was fantasizing about how to murder everyone who caused me pain and how to do it openly instead of in secret. I wanted everyone to seem them die by my hands, see me covered in their blood. I'm in High school now, a tenth grader, but I still wish I had killed them. To this day I think of several ways to kill people and I can't help it."

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...ze-693483.html

- no comment - it's all been said.
    gmaof04 Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Aug 21, 2012, 04:11 AM
    Raven, I think you need counseling! Talk to your minister.
    You are at that age where you want freedoms (which you are too young for... ) and expect respect you do not deserve.
    You are a child with an attitude problem. Grow up a little!
    antoinette12508 Posts: 24, Reputation: -2

Sep 18, 2012, 09:42 PM
    I think you should read "a child called it" followed by "lost boy" then you will realize how good you really have it, it's a true story of a young boy who is the target of his outraged mom, and if you think your being treated unfair be happy you don't have 20minutes to get your chores done other wise having horrible consequences, this little boy in the story had some real bad times from his mom putting his arm on the stove, to being closed in a bathroom with a bucket full of ammonia and bleach and told to clean it otherwise worse things will happen. Instead of asking for the game ask for these book, books are better for your brain and you can read basically anywhere so you don't have to hear the criticizing comments of your family. Just a thought...
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2012, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by antoinette12508 View Post
    I think you should read "a child called it" followed by "lost boy" then you will realize how good you really have it, its a true story of a young boy who is the target of his outraged mom, and if you think your being treated unfair be happy you don't have 20minutes to get your chores done other wise having horrible consequences, this little boy in the story had some real bad times from his mom putting his arm on the stove, to being closed in a bathroom with a bucket full of ammonia and bleach and told to clean it otherwise worse things will happen. Instead of asking for the game ask for these book, books are better for your brain and you can read basically anywhere so you don't have to hear the criticizing comments of your family. Just a thought...

If this child truly is being punched in the face frequently I don't think "cheer up, it could be worse" is very comforting.
    antoinette12508 Posts: 24, Reputation: -2

Sep 20, 2012, 01:31 PM
    If this child truly is being punched in the face frequently I don't think "cheer up, it could be worse" is very comforting.
    Well I don't know about you but I grew up with an older sister and went through stuff like that, so people might even stretch the truth, she's a young girl, I know when I was young I took everything for granted. What she has to understand is that posting that she wants to kill her self cause of some childish acts is a little bit selfish, I think that she should show this post to her mom so that maybe her mom can understand more. I'm not saying its right for her brother to punch her, I think he may need a reality check, he's probable just a few yrs older then her and going through puberty, kids act up in that stage of life. And I really wasent trying to be comforting, I was stating facts. This girl thinks that her life is so bad that she wants to end it over petty things, like a video game. This little girl has her whole life ahead of her to a great future, I think she may need more attention at home, to me itt seems like maybe her parents need to realize that this preteen needs help adjusting to maybe some of the changes with her body and mind. The book I think would be better then some video game and it will also show her that what she's going through is like nothing. Ok Judy is this what I should say... Next time your brother punches you stick up for yourself hit him back give him a dose of what you've been saving through all your anger, I mean that's what it came down to for me, once my sister found out I can hold my own and freaken hit her quite a few times she wasent so bad, and when she was we would just beat each other up then still love each other in the end. Or Judy would you like me to say... Ohh you poor thing why don't you just go to the police. Things will get better or maybe even go to social services and be put in foster care where you'll be traded from home to home till your 18... What do you think Judy and where's your comforting post to this girl. She just seems to be going through normal preteen problems... Just saying :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My mom has treated me bad for the past 4 years. I'm at my breaking point! Help! [ 17 Answers ]

After my mom left my sisters dad is when it started.I was barely 13 when she left him for another WAY younger man (we actually went to the same school for a year before he went to high school). My mom started leaving me with my 3 sisters so she could go out with him (bars, clubs, 4wheeler riding,...

My boyfriend has treated me like a buddy for 9 years and abused me twice [ 2 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 9 years,I've always been abit of weekend company for him,he never wanted me to move in?he flirts with other women on dating sites,lots of times we have broke up and he has slepted with other women,on holiday once he flirted with this other women in front of me,then...

My neighbor's house soffit is treated plywood. It was painted 9 years ago. [ 2 Answers ]

How and what should be done to prepare the wood to be repainted?

Why do I get treated like a slave by my own family? [ 3 Answers ]

Im just around the corner from turning 30, yet I feel I have noting accomplished in my life. My family owns and runs a small business were I am employed for more then 10 years and get paid in scraps. I feel I do most the hard labor and get rewarded as if I'm expected to do so. My siblings on the...

15 years and this is how I'm treated! [ 8 Answers ]

I've work at my job for 15years. I have 3 new bosses. I was called in a meeting a couple of weeks ago and put on 90 days probation for something that was not true. During my meeting one of the guys ask me to give my resignation, the other guy said that he did not think I was a leader or should be...

View more questions Search