Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    04091985 Posts: 86, Reputation: 2

Mar 6, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Fluke concept not able to understand
    Hi everyone read this with patience.

V have a 190 kbps cable modem in our office and what I have done is. Using 2 nic cards in one of our system I have shared the internet using internet sharing concept that too after struggling using FREE PROXY as it was timing out daily. So for that reason I used internet sharing concept. Now the problem is I have connected about 5 systems and 1 laptop using internet sharing . When I remove the laptop connection and plug the LAN wire to a stand alone system and configure it . Its showing that it has LIMITED or LESS CONNECTIVITY . Do anyone have idea how to solve this issue or set the proxy easily by other means or solutions help me .
    Thank u :( :confused:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 6, 2007, 01:47 PM
    What a convoluted way of sharing your connection.
    You need a SINGLE Router as this setup is overly complex.
    Now the exact type you need depends on your internet connection, either Cable or DSL.
    Here's a coupld of How-To's for networking
    Wired networking Guide
    Wireless Networking Guide
    Should give you some more ideas.

Remember the KISS Principle.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 6, 2007, 01:56 PM
    When I first got my Cable connection at home I used WinProxy to do it the way you are doing it. At the time a broadband router was over $100. When I switched to a router, my connection became more stable, faster and more secure.

Now you can get a wireless one for around $50. Doesn't make sense not to get one.

Mar 6, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Thanks for your link curley

Mar 6, 2007, 09:50 PM
    I didn't exactly understand what's WALL EXTENDER NETWORK KIT is and how it works
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 7, 2007, 07:00 AM
    I think that's a kit that uses electrical wiring instead of ethernet cabling.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 7, 2007, 07:01 AM
    WALL EXTENDER NETWORK KIT is alos known as a HotSpot ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concept paper [ 3 Answers ]

Could you please mention what a concept paper is? What does it contain? What are the major components? Thank you very much! :D

Trading Triangle Concept [ 1 Answers ]

The trading-triangle concept is used to indicate a nation's: a. Exports, marginal rate of transformation b. Imports, terms of trade, marginal rate of transformation c. Marginal rate of transformation, imports , exports d. Terms of trade, exports, imports

Bohr's concept of Quanta [ 1 Answers ]

:) Explain Quanta? And does anyone have suggestions on good websites that I can get pictures of bohr atomic models.. like Lithium, Hydrogen atoms. Thank u :) please reply asap

I don't understand? [ 21 Answers ]

:confused: Okay, so what is abusive? I mean on the Hallmark channel they always show it as like the guy or girl totally freaking out and smacking the other person. I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for over a year and a half. He has been a complete gentlemen until the past month....

Don't understand my ex [ 4 Answers ]

In October 2006 I started seeing someone we got on so well and could chat to each other about anything. She is at uni and is studying dance and in her final year she was off uni ill with septic tonistilities and she sent me an email saying I am so stressed out I have been off uni ill and my mates...

View more questions Search