Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Mar 23, 2007, 11:31 AM
    She might feel she doesn't "deserve" you, that it's draining her to try and be a "proper" person.
    You need to let her know you will be as much help as you possibly can, either as a friend or a boyfriend. You are probably the only person who knows she hurts herself. Now she can't face the reality of dealing with herself, so she denies it, and finishes things with you... do you see a pattern? She can't cope with pain, with negative feelings at all. You can't teach her that either.
    This girl is seriously ill. She needs a lot of care, and attention and help from a PROFESSIONAL. And she needs to gently realise that unless she gets it, she is killing herself. She needs support, but she needs to accept that support first. There is nothing you can do to convince her to let you in.
    Talk to her gently, and leave it with her to decide. She has a chance of a friend, support and a chance to heal. But she has to make that choice.
    Look after yourself, you're really putting yourself through the mill.
    cataleptic Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Mar 23, 2007, 12:44 PM
    :'-( well that's your choice not mine
    angleyez62 Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Mar 23, 2007, 12:56 PM
    You cannot help anyone who is not willing to help themselves! I would say go low and talk to her parents or someone close to her. If not then I say make her go see a doctor. Trick her into it just so a doctor has the chance to tell her to her face that she is sick!
    It's the same concept as anorexia or somehting like that! I have anorexia and denied I had a problem until my boyfriend took extremely extensive measures.
    If there is nothing you can do anymore, leave her. I know its hard but sometimes you have to do what feels like the most wrong thing ever!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend "wants a break" - I don't know what to do [ 219 Answers ]

Hello all, I have read quite a few of the longer discussions which have taken place here, and I hope that you can help me with mine. My girlfriend and I have been seeing each other for just shy of 3 years. Last week, she told me that she didn't feel for me as she used to, she just didn't...

Girlfriend broke off relationship because she "has never been single" [ 23 Answers ]

I began dating a divorcée about a year and a half ago. She was coming off some unusual circumstances. Her boyfriend had contracted cancer when they were dating - and she left nursing school to be at his side until he came back to health. He lived. They got married. They had children and later he...

Girlfriend "probably" wants to marry me. Or does she? [ 39 Answers ]

Been with this girl for 3 years. I've had 2 previous g/f's but they meant nothing to me. This is the first girl I've been with that I've ever truly loved with all my heart. Things have definitely been far from perfect, but we've worked hard on our relationship and she says she loves me 100% as...

Girlfriend needs "time and space" [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: I have known my girlfriend since I was a junior and she was a freshman in high school. She really liked me back then and I didn't really give her too much attention because I had a girlfriend. Anyway, I came to find that I had fallen in love with her over the past seven years, and I...

Girlfriend wants a "break" [ 13 Answers ]

Background of my girlfriend, her family, and our relationship: We started talking in August, and finally became a couple in September. She told me that she would be very busy, with work and school. Her and her dad own a pet store so she works almost everyday after school, and on the weekends....

View more questions Search