Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buggmeister Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2012, 06:40 AM
    Does osb board need sealers or paint
    WE are building wood shed for fire wood. I have lined it with osb board does it need a sealer or paint it is inside of shed. Thank-you
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2012, 06:43 AM
    If you want the shed to last a lot longer I would use a good grade of outdoor primer then outdoor paint on the inside.

Its unheated and will be subject to everything the outside will be except for direct sunlight.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2012, 05:24 PM
    I agree with smoothy.

U could also use a waterproofing stain. Only need one good coat.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Osb board and tyvex [ 8 Answers ]

I am planning to build in SC and want to know if I should have the builder wrap the house with tyvex with the use of osb board? Art

Can you paint cement backer board, then tile over it later? [ 3 Answers ]

We have put cement backer board up in the bathroom and plan to tile over it later. Can we paint it first until we have the time and money to tile it?

Exterior paint for hardy board [ 2 Answers ]

Should I use semi-gloss for satin paint on a new addition covered with hardy board

Can I Paint Cement Board Now, and Tile Later? [ 2 Answers ]

I am finishing a new shower, I used a pre-fab shower enclosure set and would like to tile the walls and ceiling over the shower in the long run. For now though, I'd like to wrap it up. I know I can prime and paint the backerboard but I don't know if this makes it unsuitable for tiling over later....

Can I Paint over Cement Board? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are installing (or reinstalling, actually) a shower in the basement. I am tiling the walls and floor, but I don't want to tile the ceiling. Can we use some of the left-over cement backerboard for the ceiling and paint it? I'd rather use the cement board because of it's water...

View more questions Search