Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lisa98 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2012, 09:59 PM
    Should I confess to a person of same gender?
    I am 14+ and I have realized that I had been attracted to girls ever since I was young. I have a crush on another 16 year old girl and we are close buddies. We love talking to each other I started to like her ever since the day I saw her. She's gorgeous, charming and really attractive. In fact, I have never been so attracted to anyone before. I have a strong urge to tell her about how I feel for her every time we meet but something always stops me from doing it. I afraid that she might only like me as a friend but not interested to be in a relationship. And the biggest fear: She is probably straight. I remember the other time when we chatted about a girl who is very boyish. And she commented: "Do you know she has a girlfriend? That's just gross... She is weird and ruled by weird hormones" Hearing this made me want to keep my feelings as a secret. Moreover, we treat each other more like sisters and share secrets with each other. She does not know that I am attracted to girls. I can't bear looking at her everyday without saying how I feel. I am so confused. What should I do?
    Lyss16 Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2012, 10:12 PM
    Its okay to be gay... sorry. But if you really want to know ask her do you rather to be single or in a relationship and would you rather go out with boys or girls just asking.
    You may feel very embarrassed but if you truly trust her to keep your secret then its your choice to share your true feelings for her its called bravery and courageously and if she says she's Guy to then you'll feel good about it.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 9, 2012, 10:28 PM
    Sounds like she is straight and probably would not appreciate you telling her of your crush. When you are dealing with a straight person, you need to respect their straightness. Respect the friendship if you want to keep it. Stop spending so much time with her.
    You don't have to express your feeling to everybody.
    Lisa98 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2012, 12:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyss16 View Post
    Its okay to be gay.....sorry. but if you really want to know ask her do you rather to be single or in a relationship and would you rather go out with boys or girls just asking.
    You may feel very embarrassed but if you truly trust her to keep your secret then its your choice to share your true feelings for her its called bravery and courageously and if she says she's Guy to then you'll feel good about it.
    Thanks, that's very helpful. :) I feel better.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 10, 2012, 05:41 AM
    If she is straight and is grossed out by this, you may well ruin your friendship with her.

If you tell her you think you may be gay, not that you like her that way, see how she accepts it.
    Lyss16 Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2012, 03:17 PM
    Your welcome and good luck. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I still confess my feelings even though she has a boyfriend? [ 4 Answers ]

So, I have been falling for this girl ever since we started talking to each other in Physics class. She would always stare at my direction in class even before we started talking. Once we started talking she would always want to know more about me and would just constantly ask questions. Near the...

I'm having an affair. Should I confess? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 27 years old, and I have been having affair with my friend's husband for the past two years. Well,she became more of a friend after I've started this. I feel awful about this whole thing and whenever I try to stop I keep going back to him. I tried to tell him if we should end this and come...

I really like manager? How can I confess? [ 10 Answers ]

I saw an similar situation here, but it's very different from my own and it didn't help me at all so that's why I decided to give it a try. I like my manager more and more everyday that goes by. He's 26 and I'm 18. When I first started the job and got introduced with him I didn't like him back...

How do I confess? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok first allow me to describe the situation.So there is this girl I like in my school, we have known each other for 1 month+ and yeah eventually I fell for her. We can talk and communicate just good, she responds fine, plus we have lot of things in common. I plan to confess to her before the end...

How do I confess [ 10 Answers ]

OK, me and my girlfriend been together for two years,during our relationship I got a girl pregnant. I didn't no about the pregnancy until 7th month. How do I confess to my girlfrind?

View more questions Search