Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddibo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2012, 12:38 PM
    Can a child sue his father for unpaid child support, Iowa
    My son is due to true 25 yrs soon. Can he go back and sue his dad for unpaid child support? I never received one dime from his dad. I was on assistance at one point and continuously provided his social, address, contact information and employment information, however, child support recovery never went after him. I do remember getting something from child support recover around tax time that indicated that $0.00 had been collected.

Frank (his dad) owes my son, not me. How long is too long to pursuit a lawsuit against his dad.

Thanks
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 9, 2012, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ddibo View Post
    ... Frank (his dad) owes my son, not me. ...
    Not if it's child support. If it's for CS, Frank owes it to you, not your son.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue the biological father of a child I am paying support on? [ 1 Answers ]

This child is not mine. The mother was 3 months pregnant when we got together. When the child was born I signed the birth certificate. We later married but soon after we separated. She claims she knows who the biological father is but since she has been receiving Welfare I am having to pay child...

Suing Absent Father for Unpaid Child Support [ 2 Answers ]

My sister me her father within the last two to three years. She met him online, after doing a search on Facebook. Our mother and her father were never married. She has only 'talked' with him online. He has never paid child support. She is 27 years old. Can my sister or her mother sue him for unpaid...

Can I sue my father for child support [ 9 Answers ]

I just found out who my father is and my mom never collected child support. I'm 26 now and I was wondering if we can go after any type of funds or back child support. My father is a multi-millionaire and has an amazingly successful career.

View more questions Search