Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Aug 9, 2012, 10:47 AM
    Dog seems to be afraid of everything more and more
    We adopted our dog a little over a year ago. She is a wonderful dog (4yrs old, large mix breed) and is so loving and sweet tempered. She is very spoiled and usually has someone home with her for most of the day and is only left alone when I go to work part time for about 3-4hrs total daily. She goes on walks, is brushed and we try to play with her but she isn't into playing too much. Recently we noticed she seems like she is afraid of everything. Starting about late May she would get scared on her walks and pull us back to the house so quick. That stopped for a while and now she seems to be scared of any little noise. Noises like a blanket ruffling or a cup being placed on the table will send her right out of the room. She used to sleep in our room with us but will not anymore and only wants to sleep on the couch. I'm currently almost 9mo pregnant so I don't know if she is just sensing change or what is going on with her. She was at the vet in June for her shots and heartworm test and everything was fine. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem? Thanks in advance!

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my dog afraid to go outside? [ 2 Answers ]

So, I got a dog from a breeder who had been kenneled too much to the point that he's pretty much scared of everything, including me when I first got him. I've had him 4 months now, and he's doing much, much better. He is always hesitant to go outside, and I got a little lazy about walking him...

Dog is afraid to go outside [ 6 Answers ]

I have two yr. Old lab and beagle mix, she use to love going out and now she hates it my 19yr. Old daughter tries to take her out but nothing she has not gone to the bathroom in two days yesterday I tried and it was a struggle but finally she did a little urine and that was it what should I do?

Afraid of the dog [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks for the reply regarding my cats and new dog. However, Leo has always been a bit skittish. He is starting to come around more but I would really like to remove the gate between the living room and the rest of the house. I do take the dog out of the area from time to time. Leo sees him,...

Dog afraid of thunderstorms [ 1 Answers ]

Our golden retriever never used to be afraid of thunderstorms, however, now is terrified of them! We can't figure out why or seem to calm him down. Suggestions?

Why is my dog afraid of dog food? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 3-year-old French Bulldog named Chunk. About two weeks ago, he had a little stomach bug and got sick several times a day. I was instructed by his vet to give him chicken and rice with supper. After he got better, Chunk would not eat his dog food. He walks up to his dish, sniffs it, looks...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.