Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tony1982 Posts: 30, Reputation: 0

Aug 9, 2012, 09:42 AM
    Writ of execution Pennsylvania
    What can I say to open a default judgment , I now have a writ of execution that seized my bank account, I was served notice at my rental my tenants live there, not me and the lawyer who served me knew this.?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2012, 09:45 AM
    So when did you find out you were served there?

Aug 9, 2012, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    So when did you find out you were served there?
    I went to collect rent and there was a writ of execution in the mail and the bank acct was seized that day.

Aug 9, 2012, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1982 View Post
    i went to collect rent and there was a writ of execution in the mail and the bank acct was seized that day.
    I knew nothing of a hrg. Let alone a judgment.

Aug 9, 2012, 09:59 AM
    i knew nothing of a hrg. let alone a judgment.
    Help smoothie
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2012, 09:59 AM
    i went to collect rent and there was a writ of execution in the mail and the bank acct was seized that day.
    THey don't HAVE to tell you before executing a writ of garnishment... that was a courtesy, and you did get it

THey don't get a writ of garnishment until AFTER they have won a judgement in a court.

What you have to deal with was the Judgement itself... but you are going to have to jump through a lot of hurrdles as you already lost. So the full burden will be on you at this point.

Can you afford to hire a lawyer for that? What type of case was it?

Aug 9, 2012, 10:00 AM
    help smoothie
    Please

Aug 9, 2012, 10:03 AM
    THey don't HAVE to tell you before executing a writ of garnishment.....that was a courtesy, and you did get it

THey don't get a writ of garnishment until AFTER they have won a judgement in a court.

What you have to deal with was the Judgement itself.....but you are going to have to jump through a lot of hurrdles as you already lost. So the full burden will be on you at this point.

Can you afford to hire a lawyer for that? What type of case was it?
    Money is super tight as my tenant deposited to this acct. today, what do I say in a petition to successfully open judgment??

Aug 9, 2012, 10:04 AM
    money is super tight as my tenant deposited to this acct. today, what do i say in a petition to successfully open judgment????
    It was dom. violence my lawyer withheld evidence I want to sue him

Aug 9, 2012, 10:06 AM
    it was dom. violence my lawyer witheld evidence i want to sue him
    He did absolutely nothing I asked I was never in trouble before now I'm a criminal

Aug 9, 2012, 10:08 AM
    he did absolutely nothing i asked i was never in trouble b4 now im a criminal
    Please help
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2012, 10:10 AM
    Was you or was you NOT at the trial that you lost that resulted in the Writ of Garniushment?

You are aware its going to cost money to sue a lawyer and expect to win... do it wrong and you end up with a countersuit and another judgement for court costs, etc.

You are going to have to convince the court to even consider reopening the case... they aren't going to throw it out over any simple letter you can write them. You are going to have to go through the case all over again IF you get lucky enough to get that far.

Someone else will have to give you more specific information than I can... have patience... others read this forum.

Aug 9, 2012, 10:39 AM
    Thank you smoothie but right now I am looking for language to open this judgment any ideas??

Aug 9, 2012, 10:46 AM
    Any help smoothie??

Aug 9, 2012, 03:23 PM
    any help smoothie????
    Smoothie is there anyone to answer my?? Please help
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2012, 03:43 PM
    Someone will answer.. please have patience... The right advice is better than just any advice. I don't want to give you something wrong.

Aug 9, 2012, 06:17 PM
    smoothie is there anyone to answer my???? please help
    Thank you smoothie

Aug 9, 2012, 06:18 PM
    Someone will answer..please have patience...The right advice is better than just any advice. I don't want to give you something wrong.
    Thank you smoothie
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 9, 2012, 06:34 PM
    Tony, none of the legal experts are on site right now. I'll PM a couple of them and hope they will soon see this thread. Meanwhile, don't give up on us, and check back occasionally to see if anyone responded. We're all volunteers and go online when we get a chance. Thanks for your patience!

Aug 9, 2012, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Tony, none of the legal experts are on site right now. I'll PM a couple of them and hope they will soon see this thread. Meanwhile, don't give up on us, and check back occasionally to see if anyone responded. We're all volunteers and go online when we get a chance. Thanks for your patience!
    Thank you wondergirl

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pennsylvania Writ of Execution -Has anyone actually had belongings removed? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 2 years post judgment (old credit card debt)and my bank account was just garnished. The Writ of execution lists BOTH levy of personal property and bank garnishment. Im wondering about the sheriff's follow-through of actually taking stuff from my home. Anyone have experience with having cars or...

Writ of execution Pennsylvania [ 7 Answers ]

I appreciate any advice as I'm unemployed losing my job 4 months ago. Due to unemployment I could not keep up with a credit card restitution letter for responsibility payment arrangement from Chase Card. I received a Writ of Execution Notice, Pa. Chester County in the mail and same day my bank...

Writ of execution Pennsylvania [ 3 Answers ]

I have a writ of execution against me and they froze my bank account. It is a joint account with a father inlaw on it, the judgement is just on me and not him. Will I be able to get the bank account unfroze.

Writ of Execution in Pennsylvania, NOrthampton County [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was served a Writ of Execution on a judgment from Chase Bank for a little over $5,000.00. In Pennsylvania, I am under the assumption that they cannot garnish wages, however can they go after bank accounts that are in both of our names, and also can they go after a vehicle, and/or home....

Writ of Execution in Pennsylvania [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has a writ of execution against him and I am not on it at all and the sheriff is coming tomorrow i.e. August 5, 2008 (Tuesday) to serve the papers and to explain what property they can take. My question is I owned all the stuff in the house prior to our marriage in 1998 and I don't want...

View more questions Search