Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2012, 09:41 AM
    Team Obama covers up smear heard 'round the world
    Surely by now you've seen the Obama Super Pac ad where the guy links Romney to his wife's death from stage IV cancer because Romney once headed Bain, which bought his employer and it eventually shut down and he lost his insurance.

It matters not that she actually did have her primary insurance from her job and she got sick and died something like 6 years after the guy lost his job after turning down their offer of a buyout.

The Obama campaign denies any knowledge of the man. Obama Campaign Spokesperson Jen Psaki claimed, “we don’t have any knowledge of the story of the family” even though they featured him in their own ads - twice - and hosted a conference call with him.

Bill Burton of the Pac that ran the ad was on the new shows today amazingly enough denying they're trying to connect Romney to the steelworker's wife.

Even the usually Obama-compliant media isn't buying it.

COOPER: You claim — you really claim — you really want people to believe you’re not trying to link in any way even just subtly or not subtly that there’s some linkage between Mitt Romney, Bain campaign, business decisions he made and her death.

BURTON: It would defy logic to do so. Today that community is completely worn down. The whole area, the factory is abandoned. People still don’t have jobs in some cases. Many folks still don’t have health insurance. People who do have jobs are being paid much less. And the point is that Mitt Romney’s business experience had a profound effect on the lives of thousands of people. That effect is still being felt, and that’s what this ad tells the story of. That’s what all our ads tell the story of.

COOPER: I don’t want to go back and forth on this, but this ad tells a specific story. More than half the ad is him talking very detailed about his wife.

BURTON: It’s a sad story.

COOPER: It is a sad story. but it truncates time in a way that makes it seem like he got fired, she didn’t have health insurance, which she did from her other job, her primary insurance, in fact

BURTON: Not at the time when she died, though. She had health insurance for a short time.

COOPER: Because she lost her other job.

BURTON: But ultimately when Joe Soptic needed health insurance for his family, health insurance that had been promised to him by a contract that Mitt Romney helped to negotiate, he didn’t have that health insurance.

COOPER: Right. Because under bankruptcy protection, they were able to do away with the prom—

BURTON: Contract they made with workers. But they made plenty of money. All those workers got screwed.

COOPER: You can make an ad all about that. You’re implying — I think any rational or certainly nonpartisan observer looks at this and says you are linking this. otherwise we would not put this in an ad.

BURTON: I think just the opposite. I think the rational thing to take away here is that — how on earth could you possibly imply that? What we’re saying that at a moment of true anxiety.

COOPER: How can you say how can you imply that? It’s totally disingenuous, Bill.
    I think disingenuous is putting it mildly. The ad itself crossed the line, the cover up is just plain pathetic in my opinion. And yours?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 9, 2012, 09:51 AM
    Wasn't that a Super PAC ad (independent of the Obama crowd)? So what's your beef? It was wrong, wrong, wrong for them to air it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2012, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Wasn't that a Super PAC ad (independent of the Obama crowd)? So what's your beef? It was wrong, wrong, wrong for them to air it.
    Independent? So you see nothing odd about the Obama campaign denying knowledge after having used him in two of the own ads and hosting a conference call with the man? I don't think you have have coordinated any better.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 9, 2012, 10:09 AM
    They aired it without any approval first.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2012, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I think disingenuous is putting it mildly. The ad itself crossed the line, the cover up is just plain pathetic in my opinion. And yours?
    Hello Steve:

I don't know... As long as you keep the "you didn't build that" LIE alive, I don't have a lot of sympathy for you.

Toughen up. Things is going to get WORSE!

excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2012, 10:10 AM
    They aired it without any approval first.
    So it wasn't independent.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2012, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Steve:

I dunno... As long as you keep the "you didn't build that" LIE alive, I don't have a lot of sympathy for you.

Toughen up. Things is gonna get WORSE!

excon
    Geez, we have Obama's words and him trying to walk it back. Now you have Team Obama lying through their teeth about the sleaziest, most dishonest political ad I think I've ever seen, and you think I'm the liar? Get real.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 9, 2012, 10:16 AM
    So it wasn't independent.
    Yes, it was independent. The PAC aired it without approval and fact checking. That's the whole problem with PACs -- they don't need anyone's approval to air an ad. Then it forces the candidate to apologize for something he didn't do.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2012, 11:13 AM
    Aired it without who's approval?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 9, 2012, 11:16 AM
    Aired it without who's approval?
    As any PAC can do, aired it without the candidate's approval.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2012, 11:29 AM
    If they need the candidate's approval then they're coordinating.

The point is not only is the PAC treating us like idiots by incredibly saying they aren't trying to make a connection to Romney about the death of a woman, but the Obama campaign is lying through their teeth about what they knew.

This is sleazeball at its worst on both parts, but I guess that's OK, huh? It's just politics, right?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 9, 2012, 11:36 AM
    If they need the candidate's approval then they're coordinating.
    That's the whole point and the lovely fun of a PAC. They don't need the candidate's approval. They do anything they darn well please.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2012, 12:09 PM
    I get that, so maybe this will help you get the point. Up there where I mentioned an Obama campaign conference call and the campaign - not the PAC - denied any knowledge of the man's story? He told this story in the conference call to the same woman on Obama's campaign team that denied any knowledge of it, Stephanie Cutter.

And by the way, Soptic is wearing the same shirt in both the PAC's ad and Obama's ad. All of this is purely coincidental, no collusion at all in blaming Romney for the death of Soptic's wife, right?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 9, 2012, 12:13 PM
    And by the way, Soptic is wearing the same shirt in both the PAC's ad and Obama's ad. All of this is purely coincidental, no collusion at all in blaming Romney for the death of Soptic's wife, right?
    So you're saying the two ads were done within minutes of each other? Maybe that is his ad shirt, like someone else's church shoes.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2012, 01:35 PM
    So you're saying the two ads were done within minutes of each other? Maybe that is his ad shirt, like someone else's church shoes.
    What I'm saying is Team Obama are liars about their involvement in a disgusting, sleazy, blatantly dishonest attack on Mitt Romney by a group that is trying to insult your intelligence by claiming they made no link to Romney being responsible for this woman's death.

Really Carol, the ad is indefensible and the collusion is beyond obvious.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 9, 2012, 02:19 PM
    What I'm saying is Team Obama are liars about their involvement in a disgusting, sleazy, blatantly dishonest attack on Mitt Romney by a group that is trying to insult your intelligence by claiming they made no link to Romney being responsible for this woman's death.
    Who do you consider "Team Obama"? Are you saying President Obama is therefore at fault?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2012, 02:35 PM
    What I'm saying is Team Obama are liars about their involvement in a disgusting, sleazy, blatantly dishonest attack on Mitt Romney by a group that is trying to insult your intelligence
    Hello again, Steve:

All this outrage, and at the bottom of your signature is a disgusting, sleazy, blatantly dishonest attack on our president.

Plus, you're sending a despicable message by using his middle name.. It's a message. It's telling us that he's "other" than you and I. He's foreign. He's probably Muslim. No American has a middle name like that. He MIGHT not be eligible to be president...

Yeah, I know the code.. I'm sure you'll deny it, and insult my intelligence by doing so.

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2012, 08:15 PM
    What is this smear heard round the world? Is that the american world? Or the Earth world? Not a breath of it has reached here you are safe. Right now the only thing being heard around the world is the olympics, which I notice not a breath of it has reached this site. The Chinese team too much for you?
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2012, 03:33 AM
    Who do you consider "Team Obama"? Are you saying President Obama is therefore at fault?
    Why are you interested in trying to trap me instead of the sleazebags behind this ad?
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2012, 03:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

All this outrage, and at the bottom of your signature is a disgusting, sleazy, blatantly dishonest attack on our president.

Plus, you're sending a despicable message by using his middle name.. It's a message. It's telling us that he's "other" than you and I. He's foreign. He's probably Muslim. No American has a middle name like that. He MIGHT not be eligible to be president...

Yeah, I know the code.. I'm sure you'll deny it, and insult my intelligence by doing so.

excon
    Why am I not surprised that you find two quotes more outrageous than blaming someone unfairly for someone's death and the Obama campaign covering up their involvement?

Really ex? That's pathetic. I think you're just panicking that your guy might actually lose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The New World Symphony-where have I heard it? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently heard the New World Symphony at a Symphony concert and I was curious if anyone could recall any popular movie, TV show anything like that that contains the main theme-mostly the 2nd movement<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie"...

How do I fix my 24 foot round pool that is out if round on opposite sides [ 0 Answers ]

My pool is 24 ft round,but is now 24 from side to side,but on other end to end is 2-3 inches wider. Outing allot of stress on liner,and has torn it. Do I need to pull apart wall and fix frame? I've cut foam and added to deeper parts of wall,still seems it may need more adjustments?

US eliminated in the first round at the world cup [ 4 Answers ]

Yes its official! The U.S. number 5 ranking was the biggest joke in sports. Can we get some players that can score goals? What's with Bruce Arena playing a 4-5-1?

View more questions Search