Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yellowjacketgal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2012, 07:15 AM
    Blank start up screen!
    I have an HP Pavilion dv5t-2100. When I start the laptop, the screen remains completely blank. I've already tried holding down the power button, taking out the battery and putting it back in. My hubby says that has worked before, but it's not helping now. Any suggestions would be welcome.
    ComputerHelpers Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Aug 9, 2012, 08:58 AM
    Remove battery and power connection

With screen open press power button for 30 sec minimum(clears power settings cache)

Plug in power only(no battery)

Turn power on should come on

If it does, then slide battery in while running

If none of this works, then it's possible that memory needs to be reseated under the computer

Try first one and report back
    yellowjacketgal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2012, 05:58 PM
    Been there, done that... haven't tried reseating the memory just yet (I'm not about to take apart hubby's computer--he can do that).
    ComputerHelpers Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Aug 9, 2012, 10:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowjacketgal View Post
    Been there, done that...haven't tried reseating the memory just yet (I'm not about to take apart hubby's computer--he can do that).
    OK did not see the history reflecting standard procedure. Memory management requires clean fingers and no touching of the gold fingers on the memory sticks.

Good luck..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can start up but after a few hours later,the screen went blank [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone... I have got a problem with my computer, recently , I will switch on my computer in the night till next the morning, but now, there is a problem. The next morning I woke up, I see that my computer screen went blank, a "no signal input" message is displayed. However, my fan is still...

Blank Screen at start up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I have recently upgraded my PC at home and built it all myself in my existing case. I offered my friend my old parts etc. and I offered to build him a PC out of the old parts (seeing as I had been so successful with my PC :confused: ). All that has been added that is new is a HDD &...

Blank screen on start up [ 3 Answers ]

OK... I built my comp w/ a iwill kd266 & amd tbird 1.1 ghz I recently opened to add a dvd drive and when I reconnected everything and turned it on, the screen remains blank... 512 mb SDRAM 80 gb hd 52x CD-Rom 16x DVD-Rom 48x CD-RW ati radeon 7000 64 mb pci soundblaster 5.1 belkin 10/100...

Blank screen at start-up [ 2 Answers ]

At each cold start, the screen remains blank. Only after two restarts or resets, screen comes up and everything works correctly.? Have put in another videocard (GF2) and then monitor display came up at first try. Then tried my videocard (GF4Ti4200) in another PC and worked properly as well....

Blank screen at start up [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I recently swopped hardware of a P133 PC with that of a P200 PC. What I really changed was the processor of the p200 and move a hard/dr from a P100. After connected properly, the screen just became blank. I have checked the memory modules, the h/d and all. Could the processors be dead? But...

View more questions Search