Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mynameiskathy Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2012, 06:27 AM
    I am eleven and need to make money
    I don't want to sound greedy, but I need money for a big shopping trip I'm going on with my friends. I want to get Christmas and birthday presents, but I'm afraid I won't have enough money. I've tried a lemonade stand, but for the past few days it's been rainy so I couldn't do that anymore. I still plan to do one, but I need another way to make money, faster. I get an allowance, but it's pretty small and won't be enough to get much. I also wan to only spend half of my money. Could someone give me some ideas to make money?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Aug 9, 2012, 06:42 AM
    It's not greedy to want to earn and work for money! Especially, if you want to use it to buy things for other people. In fact most adults haven't reached your level of maturity.

I don't know how old you are so some of my ideas may be age limiting, but here's what I've got:

-Borrow a lawn mower (if you know how to use it!) and mow neighbors yards. Make sure you get a parents permission first and stick to neighbors you know, or bring a parent for some back up.

-Start a dog walking service

-Get a paper route (my brother started this when he was 11, it's hard work and you have to get up early, but worth it in the end).

-Have a yard sale

-Do a car wash

-Try and sell things online (like ebay)

-Clean houses and do chores in other peoples houses (only those that your parents approve of though!)

-Collect bottles and cans and take them to a recycling facility. This one is nice and easy and depending where you live. You can get up to $25 for a large black back of crushed aluminum cans. You can get the cans from family or go around and pick them from peoples trash (though I'd wear gloves if you do this).

-Babysit (if you're old enough).

-Do a bake sale.

Some of these things can be combined too, so you can do more than one at a time! (Like a yard sale, with a lemonade stand, and a bake sale).

Anyway, good luck with everything!!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2012, 06:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameiskathy View Post
    I don't want to sound greedy, but I need money for a big shopping trip I'm going on with my friends. I want to get Christmas and birthday presents, but I'm afraid I won't have enough money. I've tried a lemonade stand, but for the past few days it's been rainy so I couldn't do that anymore. I still plan to do one, but I need another way to make money, faster. I get an allowance, but it's pretty small and won't be enough to get much. I also wan to only spend half of my money. Could someone give me some ideas to make money?

Follow your own advice - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/credit...st-644232.html
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 9, 2012, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernald View Post

I don't know how old you are
    Umm, if you read the subject line you would know she is 11!
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Aug 9, 2012, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Umm, if you read the subject line you would know she is 11!
    Haha whoops. I know I did read that... totally forgot while I was typing.
    I guess that cancels out the babysitting.

Sorry about that.
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2012, 10:29 AM
    Haha whoops. I know I did read that...totally forgot while I was typing.

Sorry about that.

But I think it rules IN mother's helper - you know, Mom is home and available but mother's helper keeps the kids occupied.

Aug 9, 2012, 10:29 AM
    It's not greedy to want to earn and work for money! Especially, if you want to use it to buy things for other people. In fact most adults haven't reached your level of maturity.

I don't know how old you are so some of my ideas may be age limiting, but here's what I've got:

-Borrow a lawn mower (if you know how to use it!) and mow neighbors yards. Make sure you get a parents permission first and stick to neighbors you know, or bring a parent for some back up.

-Start a dog walking service

-Get a paper route (my brother started this when he was 11, it's hard work and you have to get up early, but worth it in the end).

-Have a yard sale

-Do a car wash

-Try and sell things online (like ebay)

-Clean houses and do chores in other peoples houses (only those that your parents approve of though!)

-Collect bottles and cans and take them to a recycling facility. This one is nice and easy and depending where you live. You can get up to $25 for a large black back of crushed aluminum cans. You can get the cans from family or go around and pick them from peoples trash (though I'd wear gloves if you do this).

-Babysit (if you're old enough).

-Do a bake sale.

Some of these things can be combined too, so you can do more than one at a time! (Like a yard sale, with a lemonade stand, and a bake sale).

Anyway, good luck with everything!!!
    Thank you for your compliments and your help. I never knew about the recycling facilities. I'll try some of these out. Thanks!

Aug 9, 2012, 10:32 AM
    Haha whoops. I know I did read that...totally forgot while I was typing.

Sorry about that.
    Actually, no, after I take the babysitting course in about a week, I will be able to babysit. So thanks for that suggestion also.

Aug 9, 2012, 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    But I think it rules IN mother's helper - you know, Mom is home and available but mother's helper keeps the kids occupied.
    Yeah, I could do that too.
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2012, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameiskathy View Post
    Actually, no, after I take the babysitting course in about a week, I will be able to babysit. So thanks for that suggestion also.

Honestly, I would hire someone 11, course or not, to babysit with my children.

Aug 11, 2012, 07:35 AM
    Thanks

Aug 14, 2012, 07:05 AM
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I make all the money, I make all the rules about it, right? [ 39 Answers ]

Of course not. That's the dumbest thing ever said. Now how do I convince my wife that just because I make the money (she is a stay at home mom to our 2 terrors) doesn't mean that she doesn't get to spend it and doesn't get an equal say in how it is spent. Ive tried the "were partners,...

View more questions Search